• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you love most from martial arts?

wow, there are so many cool things about martial arts. I love the fact that there are so many different styles and you can use your own techniques to add to it. You can study a lifetime and still not learn it all. :brow:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Things we love about the martial arts....

We learn if we try hard enough..we can do almost anything. We find doing the martial arts, teaches us alot about ourselves.

Another thing we love is the friendships and the fellowship made will last a lifetime.

Teaching and helping others is a wonderful feeling. Seeing all the students improving and gaining aot of confidence and growth in themselves..priceless!

Another things is dinner....you look forward to it after ever class.....love this part alot (I wonder why I so heavy) ? You gotta love this part!

Most of us love to wear our uniforms at class? ....most comes with a belt...But NO hat!

..................Aloha

PS: When you make love in karate classes...do you prefer the chop or kick?

What do I like about MA?

1. The grueling workouts.

2. Camaradarie among classmates.

3. The challenge of learning new material.

4. Pushing myself to higher levels.

5. The self-confidence I gain from mastering myself.

6. Friendships I've gained.

7. The uniform and gear :)

8. Our venerated traditions.

9. The mutual respect we show for each other.

10. Beer and pizza nights after training.

11. Being able to train with my son.

12. Icing my bruises after a good sparring session.

13. Getting in a good pop on someone in sparring. My favorite is a good kick to the head just when they think they have me where they want me.

14. Watching short-timers who just don't "get it" drop by the wayside.

15. The fact that it's not talent or innate ability that determines success, but rather hard work and persistance.

16. Beer and pizza nights after training.

17. Our dojo "band". We're not that great, but we have fun anyway.

18. 1000 rep bag-kicking sessions.

19. Submitting that cocky guy in BJJ class and watching him whine about what's "fair".

20. Beer and pizza nights after training.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

i practice martial arts because with eavh punch and kick you learn something, gain something, leave something. you can also push your body to new hights. and there is nothing that the human body can do. that is why i practice martial arts. :kaioken:

i fight for others

I like it for many reasons. The practicality. The mysticism. The warrior ethos. The peace. The effect on my body. The effect on my opponent. :brow:

One of the main reasons - and this may sound funny - is because I am not nearly as good at it as other things in my life. It keeps me humble. I love getting a compliment as much as anyone, but I know inside that I really have so much to learn.

I want to get good.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I like it for many reasons. The practicality. The mysticism. The warrior ethos. The peace. The effect on my body. The effect on my opponent. :brow:

One of the main reasons - and this may sound funny - is because I am not nearly as good at it as other things in my life. It keeps me humble. I love getting a compliment as much as anyone, but I know inside that I really have so much to learn.

I want to get good.

Here, here, Baron!! :karate:

I was able to meet some great people. I was able to learn how to meet my problems and do my best to solve them. I learnt how to focus 100% on a task and put all my soul into something. I learnt to manage my emotions better. I developed my muscles and my spirit. I look back now and I realize I am a new person.

What do I love most from the martial arts?

1) Learning - there is always more to learn, whether it is kicks, joints locks, punches, theory, or history there will always be something new to learn.

2) Opportunities - Opportunities to meet new people, to teach students and watch them grow from beginners that can't even make a proper fist to a deft practitioner, opportunities to push oneself beyond previous limits, and opportunities to fight (spar) in a controlled environment so that it won't be completely strange if I ever have to fight in an uncontrolled environment.

3) Camaraderie - Making lasting friendships and finding new friends because of a common interest in MA.

4) Pursuit of Perfection - the goal that will never let me try to just "get by" and, due to the impossible attainment of this pursuit, this goal keeps me humble, respectful and patient with others.

Ed

Ed

It's hard for me to tell what I love most from the martial arts because since I started training I became a totally different person.

I am more calm (I guess it helps venting the frustration), less annoying (bothering people) more in shape (guess why!) more confident because of what I can do and most importantly more focused.

Being more focused is very important to me because I used to start a lot of projects at the same time and abandon most of them before completion.

I also love to practice the techniques, spar and execute katas. I love to train with intensity, you feel great afterward because you feel like you have accomplished something (and it's true).

Oh, and I love to kick (yeah, mostly kick) too :)

EclecticFighter.com, for all your makiwara & Muk Jong needs!