• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you love most from martial arts?

I really love practicing the martial arts very much because you do get a killer workout and it helps the toning of your muscles. It also helps get rid of your negative attitude towards life in general and helps you achieve a more positive aspect. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I love the most about the arts right now is the expressive ability that it gives me. I am kind of hefty, but I can do some things that a lot of people can't do, and it makes feel good to know that I can surprise someone.

I was sparring with a friend of my brothers once. I really outranked him, and he knew it, but wanted to spar anyway. He was young, athletic, and quick, and had some experience, but not a lot. He had good stuff for as much time as he had put in. I outweighed him by around 70 pounds, I imagine.

Well, we sparred, and he made a few comments like "Big guys shouldn't be that quick; that just isn't right!" It is when people make comments like that, that it makes me feel good.

I also got some comments about how I fought at the last tournament I competed in. I got beat in the first round, but still had some people asking me questions, and making positive comments to me about my fighting. That made me feel good, too.

So, it is these things that the arts give me that I enjoy. Knowing that I am capable of accomplishing things that others don't try to.

Hi, I'm new here and I thought this would be a good post to start with. The thing that I find most fulfilling about studying a martial art is that the upper ranks give me a perspective of where I'm going and the lower ranks remind me of how far I've came.

Nobody likes a bully.

Hi, I'm new here and I thought this would be a good post to start with. The thing that I find most fulfilling about studying a martial art is that the upper ranks give me a perspective of where I'm going and the lower ranks remind me of how far I've came.

Very good point. Welcome to the Forums! :karate:

Something to really look forward to on Monday and Friday evenings after work! An escape from the pressures of daily life and an opportunity to interact with other people, learning from those above me and being a role model to those below me.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

I don't think there's any one reason why I'm a junkie. It just feels right when I'm practicing.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

My favorite thing is actually fighting, but i would never want to get into a real fight unless absolutley necissary.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

My favorite thing used to be the sparring, but now that my knees are kind of crappy (and I'm not as fast), I think that I like "kata" most

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Martial arts give me a sort of comfort in my life. It helps me a lot to know that I could find an enjoyable career for myself despite my lack of ability to think on the right side of my brain. It helps me vent my anger a little bit. I like the idea of me passing my knowledge onto my friends or family who I know need it so they can defend themselves in a tight situation and if I should need them myself, I'll be able to.

I like MA because it's a good workout, but more importantly I really like hanging out with the people at the dojo. I've met a lot of good friends at the dojo.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."