Part 1:

Part 2: [11 seconds]

:)

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

meh personally as a judge id score her mediocore for that form... shes good, much better than i am, but any value from that form, was washed away by the first about 35 seconds of it, it takes a lot less time than that to kill a person... its useless, and has no place in a kata, she would be dead.....

but thats just my thoughts some people may think shes amazing at forms... i think she as a martial artist is amazing, her forms are terrible though

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

I thoroughly dislike watching Chloe Bruce. Her leg-waggling antics (while hugely impressive from a physiological point of view) just leave me cold. Where's the *umph!*? Where the sense that she's kicking at an enemy who's trying to hurt her? Where's the aggressive fighting spirit?

This is purely my opinion, but I feel the same way about seeing Ms Bruce that I do about XMA performances - the novelty wears off quickly and, in the end, it's not karate.

And don't get me started on musical kata... :kaioken:

meh personally as a judge id score her mediocore for that form... shes good, much better than i am, but any value from that form, was washed away by the first about 35 seconds of it, it takes a lot less time than that to kill a person... its useless, and has no place in a kata, she would be dead.....

but thats just my thoughts some people may think shes amazing at forms... i think she as a martial artist is amazing, her forms are terrible though

Keep in mind that this is a creative form, made to display her ability, and not a traditional form in which the "deadly moves" of Karate are hidden.

correct, this is just to 'show off' her skills

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

martial art, art of war, obviously meaning the must be strikes... if she can do a flash kick by all means do it, theres a strike in there... but pulling ure leg over ure head? useless... go to a gymnastics tournament for that

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

I agree with alot of the recent posters, although she is very flexible and very capable in kicking to the head, she hasn't shown much of what she can do in a fighting situation, not much at all. Kicking really high over someones head wont help you in defending yourself.

Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

-Saul Alinsky

The soft and the yielding overcome the rigid and the hard, but few people put this into practice.

-The Tao Te Ching

martial art, art of war, obviously meaning the must be strikes... if she can do a flash kick by all means do it, theres a strike in there... but pulling ure leg over ure head? useless... go to a gymnastics tournament for that

It may be useless for self-defense, but if it is something that someone likes to do, and enjoys expressing themselves by doing it, then why does it become a bad thing?

I know that I cannot do any of the flashy techniques that she can do. However, I can still appreciate that she has the talent and ability to do them.

I know that there are a lot of techniques in other arts that could be considered useless, like jump kicks, spinning kicks, and some others. However, they don't receive the scrutiny of the XMA stylists that wish to express themselves in this way.