• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I've found effective against kicks is when they kick, slide/hop backwards just enough to not get hit (or at least not hard), then as their kick either comes down towards you (depending on what they're doing) or retracts backwards..lunge forward. Basically, follow the foot back to your opponent.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

• 1 month later...

He's just way faster than u, and waiting for u to make the first move just makes his speed less obvious because u think u are actually going to hit.

instead try to make an opening to draw out his attack, then counter.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

One thing I've found effective against kicks is when they kick, slide/hop backwards just enough to not get hit (or at least not hard), then as their kick either comes down towards you (depending on what they're doing) or retracts backwards..lunge forward. Basically, follow the foot back to your opponent.

this will get u kicked harder against someone faster or with stronger legs than u.

if he notices ur lunge and raises his leg, its game over...

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 3 months later...

Use blocking tech's , with hands only because hands are quicker than feet , thats pretty simple. Then try and get him out of his comfort zone , which would mean getting in side his space and attacking with an elbow, or many other moves that can be done in that space.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.