• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I do kickboxing a smany of you know by now.

I love kickboxing, well fighting in general, it gives me such a rush. I am from england and everyone loves football, thats soccer to you Americans. I am probobly the only boy in England that finds it boring. But I love fighting the same way a football supporter does. But its only once a week. Should I start another martial art. I am obseesed with getting myself as phsically hard as possible, I go crazy with working out and practice kickboxing every day, even in school, in lessons I get up and start kickboxing. ILOVE IT. Well then, do you think I should do another martial art. Oh yeah the club I go to has Karate for an hour then staright after Its my kickboxing so do you thinks I should go to karate then get changed for my kickboxing staright after?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

go for it man, i dun have the money to join another MA, so instead i kinda steal techniques i find and study other styles through books, video, internet...which gives me some bse in other styles, but its basicaly to strengthen my own personal style as well as my Karate

"Live free.

Die well..."

Other option would be to find another guy or 2 in your class and get together a few times a week and hit bags or spar or something like that.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

no there are two people in england who dont like football. its suck doesnt it!and with the world cup coming up to :sleep: :sleep: and i got to agree kickboxing does rule!!! goin in for my grading this saturday. wish me luck

i used to be just like you

i practiced kickboxing and i wanted someting more

the same club which i went to did Kung fu, for 1hr and half after my k/b lesson, but that got too tiring,

in the end i do k/b and kung fu seperately on tuesdays and thursdays

if you do take a second martial art, you wont be as dedicated in training as you were before in k/b after you take another martial art

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

That's great you love what you're doing. Life is so much richer when you have a sport or hobby, anything you do that you really like.

I think taking a second martial art would be a good idea for you. Fore one thing, once a week is really not very much. Three times a week is usually ideal. For another thing, if you want to learn how to really fight, taking an oriental art will teach you more technique and strategy than kickboxing when you're fighting for real. Kickboxing is great for sport and fitness, but against another more fighting-oriented art like karate or kung-fu, the kickboxer would have less of a chance of winning. Same goes for boxing.

So if you took a second art you'd end up pretty well-rounded. I'd recommend it.

But if you can avoid taking one class after another, do. Maybe try finding another MA place (shouldn't be too hard) so you can take classes different times in the week.

It's usually better to be consistent and balanced than doing it all at once, and then not going to any class for a long period of time.

i wouldn't suggest getting into an art without knowing a lot about it first, but if you're sure, goferit!(go for it) lol cya.

Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures. - Dalai Lama

==========================

*I am Hiya, just changed my name*

• 3 weeks later...