• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Malaysian martial arts conditioning training.

I've seen that guy before - students jumping through glass windows, hitting them with canes, etc.

That looks more like training for masochists. Letting yourself get beaten by your instructor is not martial arts training, in my opinion.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I've seen that guy before - students jumping through glass windows, hitting them with canes, etc.

That looks more like training for masochists. Letting yourself get beaten by your instructor is not martial arts training, in my opinion.

I agree. They are learning how to get hit, but I haven't seen any practical fighting applications there.

Hm, I tend to disagree they are learning how to get hit.

I don't see many people hitting like that during a normal fight between two people. It felt to me like it was more of a conditioning thing.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

who intense, thats brutal. And after all that i wouldnt want a glass of TEA!!!! I WANT SOME MONEY OR SOMETHING MAN WHATS WRONG WITH THEM?!?!? LOL

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

Hello, In many other countries, there training is still the old ways or traditional. Today we would call it brutal training.

Even if we think it is brutal training, they have been doing it for a long time.

Remember in the old days (many years ago), the training was every day for hours and hours. The conditioning was endless. Toughen the body was the key.

Most of us if we went to other country to train (Japen,Okinawa,China,Taiwan,etc) and go to the old schools (not the ones for Americans)....we will not last one night of training,

In America very few people train, with full contact,iron shins,hands that looks like a monster? .....and over 3 hours a day everyday...very few ,,very little people train like the old days.

Our Professor in his younger days, train for 3 hours a night, and it was very common to go home with bloody nose and black eyes...bruise bodys...

If we did this today...NO one would come and train....Maybe that is why? Black Belts in America...has very few meanings anymore? .....Aloha

How many of you would like to face those Mayasaisns (oops).

Just because these methods may be "old" or "traditional", doesn't mean that they are the best methods. Neither does it mean that it is good training.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7944092810804910029

This is another part, check out the ''shinai'' strikes to the head :o

:bawling: :o

Wing chun helps you find the path to ones inner strength. I am getting stronger

'''First in First served''....''Mike Walsh''' 6'th Dan.R.I.P sensie

http://www.communigate.co.uk/chesh/runcornwingchun/index.phtml

:weirdlook: I did not like the way that 2nd guy's chest was looking. I can't imagine all the bruising and possibility of a cracked rib being worth the "benefits".

Putting your body through all that is worse than subjecting it to drugs and the only reason IMO that it works as conditioning is that its killing off all the nerves.

That kind of training can't be good for you either mentally or physically.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

What style are they supposedly being taught here? I thought I heard the commentator say "Gung Fu" but I guess in that region it might also be Pentcak Silat. It really looks to me like it was shot in the 1970s so I wouldn't be too sure they still train like that.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007