• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

goju ryu vid

french fri25

i agree. its very important to learn how to block and things, but what if you miss a block and get nailed? suddenly your body wont be thinking about what move to do on him or how to counter. it will just be thinking about how bad you are hurting. its important to be able to take a shot or 2 and still be able to focus on defending yourself.

I agree with this mindset. However, boxers don't line up in their first class and just take hits. There is no doubt that they can take a punch, though.

Besides that, I don't see any of them taking those unblocked shots to the face. I would think that would be a high priority target on the streets. If you are going to take a cheap shot, that is probably where it is going to be directed.

Agreed- theres no reason to have someone stand there so you can beat on them. There is a such thing as conditioning, but one is gradually conditioned (i.e. start slowly and over time as you get conditioned you increase the power). Conditioning generally applies to the forearms and the shins, and not just having your instructor plow elbows into your gut unprotected.

Looks like the sensei is a sadist or just trying to keep himself elevated above his students by constantly beating on them- I hate martial arts teachers who try to show their power by beating their students mercilessly.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt