The BB of C

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the people of New York City had that law made because of all the Yakuza there and I guess it is to keep fighting down or something but since it's still on the books I can't buy a pair of nunchuckus from Century or any other martial arts equipment site.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

• 1 month later...

No, I doubt it is because of Yakuza- they aren't really all that bad as far as violence goes (and their significance has gone down by a lot since the Japanese government finally started to at least pretend that they won't tolerate them anymore), and if they wanted to use a weapon in the states a gun would make a lot more sense. Regardless, it is a silly law especially seeing how even in places where 'chucks are legal you'd be hard pressed to find cases where they were used in a crime.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

here in canada, a nunchuck is defined as any 2 none bendable items connected by a length of rope, string, chain, etc.

They are illegal. To what extent (like you cant buy them, or you can't carry them around etc) i don't know. But those guiding things they use in banks to make a line? oh yah... those are nunchucks.... illegal weapons in a bank... thats just asking for a robbery...

So Nintendo's "Wii chucks" are illegal? They're a remote and game controller connected by a cord. :D

Great point lordtariel! I guess the only thing to do is to have all Canadians and New Yorkers send their Wii and Wii accessories to me. I'll see to it that they are properly taken care of :dodgy: :D Afteall, the controller is called the "nunchuck" attachment. We have ways to deal with such things in Ohio.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

here in canada, a nunchuck is defined as any 2 none bendable items connected by a length of rope, string, chain, etc.

They are illegal. To what extent (like you cant buy them, or you can't carry them around etc) i don't know. But those guiding things they use in banks to make a line? oh yah... those are nunchucks.... illegal weapons in a bank... thats just asking for a robbery...

So Nintendo's "Wii chucks" are illegal? They're a remote and game controller connected by a cord. :D

Great point lordtariel! I guess the only thing to do is to have all Canadians and New Yorkers send their Wii and Wii accessories to me. I'll see to it that they are properly taken care of :dodgy: :D Afteall, the controller is called the "nunchuck" attachment. We have ways to deal with such things in Ohio.

My, that is mighty kind of you to take on that task, ps1!! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Heard some good news for us nunchuckers, a lawyer is trying to get this evil law taken off the books for people who want to own nunchucks in their home, and whatever, but I think it'd still make chucks illegal in you walk around with them, sorta to carrying a sword outside. But one problem is that this little tadbit of info came from Wikipedia so don't hold me to this cause it could be false.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

That would be cool if it is actually going through. We should look further into it and see if it's actually happening. Then do all we can to support it.

• 1 month later...

They probably did it to protect people that USE chucks as a weapon. They are more dangerous to the person swinging them, than to the person they are being swung at. This is simply the worst weapon I can think of. That discovery channel martial arts show, proved this, by having an “expert” swing only to discover he wasn’t as good as he thought and the recoil time and risk of self injury proved them to be very flawed as an offensive weapon.

Here in phoenix, I have seen police carrying them now, only there are all black and professional looking like there “tonfa” (P38’s or something there called) I have used them for joint lock application and they seem very effective. I just prefer my hand for that.

I maintain that these laws are there to protect people, mainly the martial artist that bonks himself in the head with a pair of chucks.

:lol:

place clever martial arts phrase here