• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KarateForum members on YouTube

PAL, these were really neat- are these shorin-ryu?

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, these are family styles of okinawan white crane karate jutsu, mostly from Matsumura family,Kinjo Family, Matayoshi family and GokenKi students.

this is Mr. Lindsey, i practice his way.

shorin ryu is a base style, white crane is a soft style you can benefit the most if you know a basic style like shorin ryu or goju ryu.

shorin ryu or goju ryu is like infantry soldier , white crane is like a sniper, I need to be a good infantry soldier first if I wanna be a special force soldier.

Here's me doing kobudo during a competition.

Very nice! I've been a judge/ref at tournaments for about 25 years now, including kobudo kata. The video wasn't real clear, but your technique appeared to be solid, good control, proper positioning of the tonfa on the arm during tecchniques...all in all, I'd have given it a little higher score.

Good job! :karate:

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

No, these are family styles of okinawan white crane karate jutsu, mostly from Matsumura family,Kinjo Family, Matayoshi family and GokenKi students.

this is Mr. Lindsey, i practice his way.

shorin ryu is a base style, white crane is a soft style you can benefit the most if you know a basic style like shorin ryu or goju ryu.

shorin ryu or goju ryu is like infantry soldier , white crane is like a sniper, I need to be a good infantry soldier first if I wanna be a special force soldier.

Ahhhh...Sensei Lindsey! Folks, in a world filled with self-promoted, chest beating, and phoney as hell "masters" of the martial arts, Sensei Lindsey is the real deal! Although I've never met the man myself, I've trained with other high ranking sensei from this system (Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito) and his name always comes up. He's highly respected in this country and on Okinawa as being a true master of the art.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

yes he is a great teacher and martial artist, although i only met him a few times and learned two crane kata from him but i got the rest of the system through his direct students.

• 3 weeks later...

why is it that when some people make "fight" videos, even if they don't practice a chinese style, they seek to imitate a chinese style?

Anyway. Been looking back at some of these videos and while you mean good, you really can do with a lot more practice before going for the final shoot.

I've got some old fight sequences that me and a bunch of mates drew up a few years ago for fun. Some of them are in stick men form, I could mail them to you to play around with.

edit: new post instead

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much

found some little gifs

some old university friends of mine made.

straight forward quick exchange

http://x3e.xanga.com/eb2d8a6b03132134695535/w98603581.gif

couple of ways to work in fancy get-ups

http://xb5.xanga.com/9ffc007207234134695838/w98603841.gif

http://x58.xanga.com/6d3c006013434134695719/w98603736.gif

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much

• 4 months later...