• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

writing a curriculum

scad

do any of you instructors or school managers out there use a program to log and track your curriculum? if so what program is it. i have been looking for a program to do this but i haven't had much luck finding a good one. if anyone nows of one, please let me know, thanks

-scad

nomatter what it be, will power and heart produces great things

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We don't bother, but I am aware my sensei uses a spreadsheet application.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I didn't know that there was curriculum software out there. However, I suppose you could write up your own, and then just use Xcel and Word programs to transfer it to. I have seen printouts of curriculum, and they are quite nice.

I have been writing and typing mine as well. Not using any specific software, though.

i have found a few programs that have template for lessons, you just add what it is that you want to teach and how long you plan to teach it, however, the ones i have found where complex, non userfriendly, or just plain didn't satisfy me. but i have looked into using excel, but i want something that looks alittle better. so the hunt is still on. if anyone comes across anything, please let me know

nomatter what it be, will power and heart produces great things

• 2 weeks later...

Hi scad,

Personally I have found that it is best to use the simplest methods to write my curriculum's...word pad... seriously though every type of windows computer will read word pad. All of my backup files, articles, curriculum's, you name it I back it up in word pad.

When I write my curriculum I separate it by rank and by categories.. such as Offensive movements

Defensive movements

Footwork and stances

Strategies

Drills

Principles of the techniques

Forms/kata

Terminology

and so on.

No program I have come across has ever fit my needs so I go with the basics...word pad. If I want to do more with it that word pad can offer I transfer it to Microsoft Word to make tables and such. But my core curriculum stays unchanged in word pad.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes i often use lesson plans that i just type out on word and put a time frame next to it and i just leave a ten minute buffer just in case i run over on anything, and i always have extra things just in case i run under and on my attendance sheet i mark just above the date in shorthand what we did. hope that helps.

in tang soo,

k.chuilli

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

• 1 year later...