• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sport Karate: Points Sparring

Symphony-x

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That is some different stuff. Definetely looks like a game of tag. Some of those guys had some decent moves, though.

I wonder if any of them do any other level of contact fighting?

That is classed as freestyle karate in the Uk. I have fought in tournaments like this when i was younger and the level of contact is minimal. A lot of Lau gar clubs in the Uk go in these competitions but it is not for me. Someone described it as tag and in a sense it is. Anyone who practices kick boxing will see that the video has been titled incorrectly as kick boxing does not score that way. It is continuous fighting not stop start as these fighters are doing in the video. Its their choice to fight this way and good luck to them. I agree also that they employ some interesting moves and you can see they enjoy what they do.

Wing chun helps you find the path to ones inner strength. I am getting stronger

'''First in First served''....''Mike Walsh''' 6'th Dan.R.I.P sensie

http://www.communigate.co.uk/chesh/runcornwingchun/index.phtml

As I said, sport karate [or yes, freestyle] points sparring.

And bushido, I do this type of sparring as well as light contact and full contact kickboxing 'continous' sparring

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

Hmm...I've always wondered why punches seem to be worth less than kicks. Sure kicks are powerful, but a solid punch is nothing to sneeze at. Regardless some of those guys were pretty fast

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

Hmm...I've always wondered why punches seem to be worth less than kicks. Sure kicks are powerful, but a solid punch is nothing to sneeze at. Regardless some of those guys were pretty fast

I agree. At the TKD tournaments that I go to, the punch is not esteemed as much, because it doesn't cause the body movement needed to score a point all that often.

However, there are a few guys out there that know that I will be punching, and they respect it. :D