• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Advice on buying an iPod

ShotokanKid

My friend is selling me his old iPod. It's a 2004 fourth generation without color or photos, but it has 20 GB of memory. He is selling it for less than $50.

I have a 1 GB nano which I payed $150 for. The problem is, it doesn't hold enough. I've had to keep shuffling to stay within the limit.

The one I'm going to buy has 20 times the memory and is a third of the price. My friend is letting me borrow it for the next week. It's really nice being able to load everything without having to worry about how many songs I have, but I want to know if I should buy it. What should I look for to decide if I am going to buy it. Should I get it?

P.S. the condition: scratched in multiple places, but it doesn't bother me.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you're not bothered about the condition of it then I would go for it! As the memory is larger then that is obviously the main factor for you (as it will hold more songs). I'd say to buy it, you might as well snap up a bargain while you can.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I have the 20 GB one just like that and it's been nice. I also have a 60 gb 5g ipod, but I actually kinda like the 20 gb one better. the nice blue backlight is nice.

----

Hmm. Hello. This is the floor. How did I get here?

I just got the iPod shuffle. The only thing I use it for is snowboarding. It holds 250 songs. I have about 20 on it right now. If I fall in the snow, it's small enough that it won't "stab" me, or get crushed. So it does the job for me.

Laurie F

See how long the battery lasts. Most people get a new iPod when the old one stops holding a charge. You can replace batteries easily enough yourself, but you shoudl cocnsider the cost.

Also, a standard iPod will not take the same amount of jostling that a Nano does. Standards are hard-drive based, versus memory based for the Nanos.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

Buy it. You can buy dinners that cost more than that.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

It's a long-lasting iPod. I know many who own them and they have no complains on that model.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Thanks for the advice everyone, I ended up buying it.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought myself an 8GB iPod nano, and my daughter a 4GB pink one. The second generation type. I was trying to reist the power of mp3 players and I hate to say it - but its mad how something so small can hold my entire cd collection!!!

Karate Ni Sentinashi