• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Major League Baseball

bushido_man96

The Atlanta Braves here. I've been one all my life, even in he years where they were lucky to win one game. :) Looks like the team just is going to be sold to Liberty Media I believe. Hope that doesn't mean a lot of changes.

Go Braves!

8) 8) 8)

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know or even know what could be considered normal. When you string together these amazing, amazing seasons... I don't know if it's fair to take that as normal. Honestly, last year was very good and I don't really consider it all that abnormal. I'd take that again, although I'm expecting a little better.

Gary Sheffield is in Detroit this year.

Is this a loss that concerns you, Patrick? I think he will fit well in Detroit, and has played for Leyland before, with success. Maybe the change of scenery is good for both parties.

I also read that Mark Prior plans on being in the rotation when opening day comes around. I hope he is. He won't be the ace, but is said to be competing for the 4th or 5th spot. I think Zambrano has earned his way to being the ace of that staff.

However, after opening day, does it really matter what the pitching rotation is?

Oh, more news!

Manny Ramirez is in camp.

Carl Pavano has some bone chips in his elbow, and may be delayed in starting. Bobby Abreu is also injured; he strained his oblique.

Not really, Brian. Not with what we got for him, anyway. I mean, I liked Sheffield... I liked his swagger. But, there was some damage done there and, he was tradable with Abreu here, which I prefer. (He should be back healthy with time to spare, if not, we have Melky).

Pavano has a bone bruise in his left foot and not bone chips in his elbow... but, we'll see where that takes him.

I know that Sheffield has been kind of prone to let his attitude to get the better of him. I don't know, maybe Leyland can control him better. The change will probably be good on both ends.

(My bad on the Pavano mis-diagnosis...I was doing 3 different things when I heard it :P )

No worries. :)

I expect Sheffield to be successful in Detroit. He's a big presence at the plate.