• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Major League Baseball

bushido_man96

Is anyone here into the MLB? Pitchers and catchers are reporting, and the pre-season will be here before you know it.

Who is your team? I like the Cubs and the Royals, but will watch just about anything. Now don't tell me who you don't like, just who you like! :wink:

I love watching baseball because there is so much that can happen. I like to watch, thinking to myself, "who will hit for the next cycle?", or "who will throw the next no-hitter?", or "who will pitch the next perfect game?" Baseball is also so rich in history, that I love reading up about the game's past.

My wife says I am into too much sports. Can that really be? :-?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Atlanta Braves here. I've been one all my life, even in he years where they were lucky to win one game. :) Looks like the team just is going to be sold to Liberty Media I believe. Hope that doesn't mean a lot of changes.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I'm a huge Yankees fan. :)

What are your feelings on the Mariano Rivera signing right now, Patrick? And how do you feel about the whole A-Rod scenario? It seems like that is the big news right now out of Yankee country.

I sure hope the Cubs quit messin' around and sign Zambrano to a contract that he deserves. He as been their most consistent pitcher over the last 5 years, and I don't think the Cubs can afford to keep waiting on Prior and Woods to come around and stay off the DL.

I am also hyped about Soriano being a Cub. Him, Derrek Lee, and Aramis Ramieriez...what a line-up! Now, to shore up that pitching.

Do you wish that the Yankees would have held on to Soriano, Patrick?

There isn't really much of a situation with Mariano Rivera. He's under contract and he'll pitch. I really believe it's more of the media than anything else. Like, the day before yesterday, I think, I listened to him talking to the press that day, in its entirety. And he sounded fine and reasonable, like he always is. Yet, what seemed to be a majority articles that came out of that press session focused on one line of it, which was that if he becomes a free agent, everyone will get a fair chance. Of course, he also said that he wants to be a Yankee, that the Yankees have never disrespected him, have always taken care of him and so on and so forth. Personally, I think we should just sign him now, so that he doesn't have any options to consider next year. I can understand wanting to hold off, but who is going to fault Cashman for signing Mariano Rivera? If we do and he never pitches again, anyone who looks back a couple years from now and says it was a big mistake just isn't being reasonable.

As far as A-Rod... I don't know if there is a scenario, unless you are talking about him being able to opt out of his contract after this season. At the end of the day, that is a negotiated right in his deal, so he can do it if he wants. Personally, I want him to retire as a Yankee. The fact is, if we get any other third baseman in the game, we take a step down at the position.

As far as Soriano, I like him, but if it's him or A-Rod, no. A-Rod is just a different class of player.

If I had to choose, I am a Sox fan. At least I was happy that I saw them win the World Series in 2005 (before I die). My uncle, a loyal Cub fan, never saw the Cubs win the big one.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

As far as Soriano, I like him, but if it's him or A-Rod, no. A-Rod is just a different class of player.

I don't know, 40 homers, 40 steals, the guy can play. I think A-Rod is a great player, but he just needs to get out of the doldrums.

Soriano can definitely play and I like him, like I said, but he's only hit 40 homers once. A-Rod's done that 7 times. Soriano's only hit above .280 twice. A-Rod's done that for 11 straight seasons. Soriano had his best ever OBA last year with .351. A-Rod's had a higher OBA for 9 straight seasons and for 10 of his 11 full seasons. A-Rod's a complete player. And they are the same age. Soriano's best seasons (2002 and 2006) haven't really been as good or better as A-Rod's worst, except for A-Rod's 1997.