• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The banning of nunchakas

ad

I have noticed and have been told that there is a law within the uk to forbid televising the use of nunchackas. the use of nunchakas has been banned in such films such as Game of Death, who could forget that classic scene,

and also the nunchakas demonstrated in Dragon- Bruce Lee story. There seems to be alot of emphasis by my instrucor particularly about nunchakas, he always talks about hiding it away from the public, how you should only train with soft padded ones

are these law necessary and... are nunchakas really that dangerous?

Green Belt Ho gar kuien Kung Fu

Green Belt Kickboxing

15 yr old

10 and half stone 5,9 height

eyyyyyyy, fair enough lads :wink:

[ This Message was edited by: ad on 2002-05-19 16:54 ]

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People fear what they do not understand.

To be dangerous with nunchaku takes training.

A kid with a pistol and no training would be far more dangerous.

The real danger of someone learning to use nunchaku is the possibility of knocking themselves out cold. :lol:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

i dont see how nunchucks are that dangerous. i mean how are you gonna hold up a bank or something with nunchucks! and you need to be trained properly before they can do any really harm so.....

Strange, I've seen lots of programs with nunchucks televised. You're not allowed to carry them openly in public unless they're the foam training ones, but that's all.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

Some of the cause came back in the early 70's. With what inspired others to begin training in the martial arts inspired others to use them to cause trouble. The nunchaku became a sort of a symbol. Something that could be easily hidden and misused.

The actions of a small group of trouble makers caused a backlash against something that became seen as a symbol. Kind of like all the places skateboards are banned.

I think someone's pulling your leg, they've got the story twisted or they're just trying to wind you up! How could they ban showing nunchucks? Who are we talking about anyway? I can see how the BBC might not show them, but you could rely on Channel 4 to continue to show violence, or channel 5 - both have shown "Natural Born Killers" for heaven's sake!

Smells a bit fishy, this one! :smile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh yeah, and let me tell you, even the foam padded chucks BLOODY hurt when they hit you on the head! I am currently nursing a swollen and tender cranium from a few days ago's practice with my foam chucks! I frequently hit myself on the back of the head - this isn't too bad as the bone there's thicker anyway and there isn't too much soft tissue to be bruised but I got myself just behind the temple and saw stars for a few seconds. Always happens when I'm using my weaker arm as it gets tired quicker and then my swings deteriorate.

That, and I'm just not very good yet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesnt take much for the nunchaku to kill someone. the average person can swing the nunchaku with 2000 lbs of force per sq in. but im lucky where i live its okey to carry around nunchaku around in the open. but cops here will dissagree thats where i tell the the state law code and if they give me trouble arrest me i dont care its just there butt for unlawful arrest.

#1 know the law cause the cops dont always know what the laws are.

• 1 month later...