• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ITF Juche Tul, two-directional kick

...Being able to break boards with that kick, though, would be cool.

A lad at my club did that, it was only a thin pine board though and he had to drill the kick for months before getting it right :)

No doubt! I can do the kick better low than I can high. Don't quite have that flexibility, yet. I will work on it, though.

I am going to start practicing my scissor kick as well!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha!! All the best!! me too!!

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

Well, I played with this kick before class last night. I must admit, that I think I can talk it/teach it better than I can do it myself!

I did the drill on the ground that Doug suggested, and I will continue to do that to get the move down right. When jumping, I get the scissor action going, but the twist kick doesn't get up there very well.

Need more stretching, and more practice.

yeah, the strecthing is hurt, ouch, i feel like my bones is going to dislocate sometime, haha!!

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

I worked on this technique some more on the the 21st (Yesterday), and got gradually better.

I found that practicing just the chambering motions, using the violent motion and explosive jump, helps to get those initial motions down.

I will keep practicing!

Yeah I've been working on it a lot too. I've found that its also made me a lot more concious of how I'm moving my leg during a normal, standing side kick. Anyone else found anything like this?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

^^^Hehe, not so much with the standing side kick, but moreso with the twist kick.

I really felt that I could focus the jumping and chambering movements a lot more when just jumping and scissoring my knees, as opposed to doing the whole kick, at this point.

Kicking without kicking, lol, using just the knees, makes sure you don't fall over :P

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Lol, thats how I teach the stepping roundhouse sometimes. I think in tkd its called a turning kick. If kids keep getting the basic movements incorrect, sometimes I make them practice the kick without extending the leg. So they too are "kicking without kicking". Its a great way to get basic movements down before learning the actual kick. :D

Oh, and I tried the twisting kick with the side kick. I can do it kinda, but it's very sloppy. Ofc I didn't stretch out first and that might help. O.o :roll:

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

I actually got the idea of practicing the jumping and chambering from the Grandmaster Hee Ill Cho's book The Complete Master's Jumping Kick. In this book, he does a very good job of breaking down the various parts of the kicks, and in practicing them, recommends practicing jumping and chambering, without the kick. This ensures that you are getting your chambers into the proper postition, which in the end, facilitates a better kick. He also has a book called The Complete Master's Kick, in which he does much the same, but just with standing kicks. Everything from the front kick up to the spinning heel kick.