• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ITF Juche Tul, two-directional kick

Slightly off topic but:

do you think it would be easier to learn to use sine wave after say having 10 years of training without being taught it

or

would it be easier to learn not to do it after training for 10 years and doing it?

Boy, that is a good question. Thinking about my training, I think that I would have a harder time at this point learning to do it, than dropping it, because of my natural tendency to try to piece together combinations in forms. That is just me, though. What about you???

Well I've been doing Tai Chi for about 2 months now and I find it extremely difficult to keep my height level. I keep wanting to come out of my stance and arrive back in it, my teacher keeps telling me off as I do it nearly everytime but its kinda hard to stop. :(

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some great pics of twist kicks, there. I'm kind of confused, though, as to why some of those pics are there. Some look like side kicks, not twist kicks.

There are some great pics of twist kicks, there. I'm kind of confused, though, as to why some of those pics are there. Some look like side kicks, not twist kicks.

It all depends on what the file names are, some people might have named the images as "so and so perform a side kick after their twisting kick" :-? I dunno...

It all depends on what the file names are, some people might have named the images as "so and so perform a side kick after their twisting kick" :-? I dunno...

Ah, that makes a little sense.

AAAAHH, thats the kick that we call the inverted roundhouse kick. (Which doesn't really make any sence as a name now that I think of it). Love that kick, it can be quite sneaky.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

yeah, i think u get it, do u use that kick often in sparring?

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

Dunno about everyone else, but I have used this kick before in sparring (although not often). Its really good because you can make your opponent think that to kick you will use your back leg (if you were standing left leg forward and them right, or vice-versa) but you can move past them and kick out to the side at quite a close range. I hope I ecplained that well enough.. :karate:

No, I know the kick, and I've often thought it would be good in point sparring...but I have yet to try it. I'm not very good at trying "new things" while sparring. :(

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

No, I know the kick, and I've often thought it would be good in point sparring...but I have yet to try it. I'm not very good at trying "new things" while sparring. :(

I have used it a few times in sparring. Instead of switching stances and throwing a round kick, I just flip the twist kick up to the body. I don't throw it to the head, though. And it isn't often that I do use it. Being able to break boards with that kick, though, would be cool.

...Being able to break boards with that kick, though, would be cool.

A lad at my club did that, it was only a thin pine board though and he had to drill the kick for months before getting it right :)