• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ITF Juche Tul, two-directional kick

I'm have a lot of trouble with one move in the ITF pattern Juche, the two-directional kick, (move 37? twimyo sangbang chagi)!!!

I can't seem to get both legs to kick simultaneously. Either I manage the side kick half and the twisting kick goes wrong or I do both but the timing is wrong. I'm not the most agile person in the world but I've been training to improve my height when jumping, and can get a good distance off the ground... However the kicking part is really a problem for me and compared to other student's attempts I look rather pathetic.

Can anyone help because its embaressing when my legs are waving about in the air and the whole class is watching me mess it up (again)!

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough kick. I would practice stretching a lot. Then, practice the kick between two standing heavy bags. Make sure that you get the chambers in tight, and make the kick as dynamic as possible. Hope that helps!

is it the scissor's kick? that is a very nice kick, u can do any kicking performance anytime if u can do that kick well, can give people a shock~~ haha!! i think the most important of that kick is Flexibility, i cant do it, i am not flexible and i cant jump high. I wish u can do very well ;) you can score very high marks if u can handle Ju-Che well.

All the best

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

Juche is one of the patterns in Black belt 2nd dan. Could i know what form your school does? I dont do this pattern too because i am learning GTF taekwondo, i learn KoDang

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

GTF Taekwondo

Juche is one of the patterns in Black belt 2nd dan. Could i know what form your school does? I dont do this pattern too because i am learning GTF taekwondo, i learn KoDang

My school does Gae-Baek as the second dan pattern. It is the one that I do currently. My school does Po-Eun as second dan recommended pattern.

What is GTF Taekwondo?

I've been trying to work on my flexibility and height but I think its my angle in the air or something. My hips just don't wanna let me do both kicks at once properly. :karate:

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

when u r doing the scissors kick is it u jump with both leg or one leg? which leg u use to sprint up? the left(twisting kick) or the right leg(side kick)? i sprint with my left leg.

GTF Taekwondo

My school does Gae-Baek as the second dan pattern. It is the one that I do currently. My school does Po-Eun as second dan recommended pattern.

What is GTF Taekwondo?

we do Gae-Baek, Kwang-Gae and Po-Eun in first dan, i think Po-Eun is very difficult for me to do nice. I cant do good double side kick in Kwang-Gae too.

GTF Taekwondo