• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

generating good leads for new students!!! any and all ideas

scad

i want to generate more leads for new students,i want your ideas, your proven methods, your thoughts!!! if you are willing to share. i have some of my own ideas, but yours will help me. so please, if you have anything you would like to contribute, leave it here for everyone to see.

-scad

nomatter what it be, will power and heart produces great things

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Demos are always a popular one. Hit up schools and look for public events(Our dojo is doing a demo during a Chinese new year parade this weekend).

A different thing to do is make up some cool abstract martial-artsy bookmarks with your dojo's name on it and hand them out with flyers during the demo. See if you can get flyers and business cards posted at health food stores, libraries, and fitness clubs.

One month trial membership drawings are another one. Most dojo's do trial memberships anyway, but people feel they're getting something special when they "win" one.

Make sure your dojo has a website and that it looks good and is relevant to your school. There's lots of martial cheese out there on the ol' interweb. Try to avoid flaming animated gifs and rotating yin-yang images and grey text on a black or badly patterned backgrounds. Keep it classy and list class times, contact information, and a little bit about your school.

Hope these help.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Demos are always a popular one. Hit up schools and look for public events....

Our school did taster sessions at a local college. Brought a group of teens to the school who in turn brought their mates along.

Also if you are going to set up a website, make sure it is easily accessible. See if a local sports centre or sports group will link it from their own website.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I am going to be providing a demo at a youth festival for a local hospital. you should see if your church\temple knows of this type of youth festival and see if you do a 10-15 minute demo.

I have also done a free (3 hour) seminar for a kids camps last summer. I had a lot of interest from that.

let us know what you have done.

good luck...

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Try seeing if you can hold a class in a High School or College Gym 1 or 2 nights a week. it will get you a lot of exposure. You could also print up some Brochures and put a stack of them in Post Office's and Loundry Mates.

When practicing Nunchaku, it is best not to stand under lights....seriously; I have broken more lights that way. :-P