• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tips

Don't feel that you have to stretch for 30 minutes at a time to gain better flexibility.

It is better to stretch frequently throughout the day every day rather than to get it all in one prolonged session three or four times per week.

Stretch deeper and longer after a good warmup during a training session, and stretch very lightly and for a shorter duration throughout the rest of the day when you have minimal or no warmup.

Contrary to popular belief, you can stretch your muscles without much of a warmup (or any) but the initial stretches should be VERY light until the muscle is warmed up. You still derive benefit even from the light stretch.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I learned again tonight: he who slips and ducks punches will not fill his ears with the sound of fists hitting his face.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Don't forget to think. Even if your caught in a headlock by a huge gorilla, stay calm and keep focused!

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

Always keep your techniques fresh

Make sure your stepping out of the Ideal phase and in the "What if" phase as much as possible

There is no teacher but the enemy.

kicking tip:

you don't need to be flexible to kick high, with the correct high movements kicking will become easy

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

practice moving. you cant win a fight from just blocking punches and kicks, but moving away from them

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

The fastest path from point A to point B is a straight line. Make sure you strikes are going in straight and not curving.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1