• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The "oh that hurts!...you suck! " drama queen....

If it happens again I'd lightly punch his shoulder and say something like "Suck it up drama queen".

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I suggest that next time you hit him hit him as hard as you can so he will have something to cry about. and then he will get tired of getting hit so hard and hell tell you not to hit so hard and then just hit softer and if he keeps doing it then itll make him look weak and he'll get embarrased and stop.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

Have you ever asked him about it point blank? You should. I believe in handling things at the lowest level. Ask him why he doesn't complain when anyone else hits him. If he says it's because you hit harder than anyone else, pat yourself on the back in your mind and graciously offer to help him with his defense. :D

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Have you ever asked him about it point blank? You should. I believe in handling things at the lowest level. Ask him why he doesn't complain when anyone else hits him. If he says it's because you hit harder than anyone else, pat yourself on the back in your mind and graciously offer to help him with his defense. :D
He will most likely try to put a spin on that question, "you hit harder than the rest, because you suck". Which is what he is trying to get at all along. Putting himself above people by making drama. But then it will be out in the open, which is a good idea. And he will make even more of a fool of him self. :-) I'll try that.

First of all, I cannot believe your instructor tolerates that type of outburts in his classes. Profanity in a dojo setting should not happen!

We did have an individual who was a "drama queen" when sparring, and doing self defense. My instructor finally pulled her aside and said that if she could not manage to stay injury free during training, she would have to drop out of the program, because he didn't want to take the risks with her anymore. He runs a very controlled atmosphere, yet she managed to get injured somehow in every class - and she cried each time. She did finally quit.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

You could give him some real hard contact, and then smile at him. See what he has to say then!

Though Bushido_man96 may have been joking (I can't tell for sure) I agree with this. If he sees what real contact is, he'll shut up. Otherwise he simply shouldn't be there.

Jaymac: I agree with you, I think my instructor shouldn't allow it. But the other day, a sempai gave the drama queen a real work over during fighting. It was quite a spectacle, I could see the guy looking suprised and offended at the same time, while the sempai took no notice and just continued.. :P This "special treatment" might have been planned..this sempai is big and strong, and I have never seen him go so hard on kohai before. I hope it sorted the queen out! :-D

This "special treatment" might have been planned..this sempai is big and strong, and I have never seen him go so hard on kohai before. I hope it sorted the queen out!

Likely. Hang in there, Sibylla. A year from now this won't seem like nearly as big a deal.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.