• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help me with naming my Martial Arts school

Well I'll be opening my dojo in about 2-3 months and I'm trying to come up with a name. Just a basic rundown of what I teach. My style consists of Kenpo Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Sport Karate, and a mixture of a few other arts like boxing, and Muay Thai. My emphasis will be on kicking and aerial kicking etc. I was planning on naming my school Withers Martial Arts Academy as oppossed to Withers Karate Academy for the simple fact that I won't only be teaching "karate" Do you agree with this?

I will also be uploading a pic of my logo in progress for ideas. I'll post that in the am.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hiya Pete.

I agree with the Withers Martial Arts Academy. My school's name is Kuek's (my master's last name) Martial Arts Academy. He teaches 3 arts, so it's the same situation as you.

Or you could use the name of the town your school will be in. That's pretty common here, too. (town name) Martial Arts Academy.

Laurie F

name it 'TIGER's home'

or 'spirit of japan'

or.. 'COME ON!!'

or.. 'Blue Dragon'

or.. 'Hwarang Taekwondo'

or.. 'the Angry Dragon'

or.. 'LA Taekwondo'

or.. 'Perfect Aikido'

or.. 'The way of the Karate'

or.. 'The way of the MA spirits'

or.. 'SO RIM TAEKWON' kekekeke

bye bye yo~~~

i am a korean boy who will rock korea with my fists may be next 10 years i am already a bruce lee of korea

I don't think I'll name it after the town I open in because I eventually plan on possibly opening a 2nd school. With that I want to use the same name. I'm highly leaning towards Withers Martial Arts Academy still.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

Academy is always a popular word in the title. Maybe you would like to think of words like Center, Club, School, or Dojo.

You may also want to leave off the and just go with Withers Martial Arts.

I am guessing Withers is your last name? I myself when comming up with a name first choose Justice Shotokan Karate Center. Justince being both my last name and the town I am from. However once I moved I did not like the idea of my name being the school name. So I changed it to a really broad name. West Virginia Karate Academy. I too teach a bit more than Shotokan but Karate is such a broad term to most.

I found naming my school was just as hard as doing advanced techinques. You need something that can be reconized but not to hard to say or too long to write.

Good luck......

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• 4 months later...