• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Music

So, when training do you guys/girls listen to music? and if so what kind?

i personally listen to varied types of music, if im going for speed 'shadow boxing' i listen to fast paced music, and tend to listen to metal. i.e machine head.

when in class we have to listen to varied music... even ZZ Top at times :P

i also would love to find some 'broken rythmed' music like what BL talks about, so i could train to move to its tempo etc.

discuss and stuff :P

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sometimes I'll listen to music when I train. It's more likely that I will when doing strength training or bag work. I'll listen to mostly up-tempo stuff. There's a couple of older threads floating around here somewhere about this.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I just hit turn on my itunes, shuffle it and let it play. Varied kind of music

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

i also would love to find some 'broken rythmed' music like what BL talks about, so i could train to move to its tempo etc.

discuss and stuff :P

Three words: Dillinger Escape Plan.

Some Tool works well for that too, or the more technical Cryptopsy stuff. If you don't require guitars, the more aggressive Aphex Twin and Squarepusher stuff works too.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

I don't make it a point to listen to music when I train. If some is playing, then that is ok, but I don't pay much attention to it, unless a song I like comes on. Then, I'll tap my feet a bit.

My instructor always has the music on. I do not always notice it until it is off. On many nights during the week at 7:00 the hockey game starts. I am an avid Sabres fan! When it comes on, I want to listen. Then he turns the radio off. :-? I know it is best though, but you gotta love those sabres! :D

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

We listen to music in some of our special training sessions. It really helps you to learn the rhythm of combat. It doesn't much matter what you're listening to so long as the beat does not change timing.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

When im doing softer styles which focus on redirecting attacks like tai chi i listen to slow soothing music, but when im endurance training with muay thai karate tak kwon do and ect i listen to guns n roses

the best fight is one that doesnt happen