• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicking in a fight

Proportional response, fellas. The only thing cheap in a fight is going too far after you've won. You gotta know when to stop. :D

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proportional response, fellas. The only thing cheap in a fight is going too far after you've won. You gotta know when to stop. :D

That is true. You don't want to get hung up with a charge of beating on someone while they cannot defend themselves. That kind of leads into the "use of force."

Edited by bushido_man96

Most of the street kids I work with (and their adult homies) think hitting to the groin and kicking are cheap shots. They'll tell you that just before they and four or five of their friends jump you and stomp on your head once you're down.

If I ever have to fight (again), I'll do it my way. And I let them know that up front if it comes up.

Good point. There is no reason to wait around and let them make the rules! Especially if you are looking at multiple attackers.

Nicely said! Good reminder. We forget (or don't realize) how much damage these techniques can do on a real body, especially if it's on the ground or jammed against a wall or car.

'Do not do injury, if you can possibly avoid it.' --Tielo, 6th Century

'A man, as long as he teaches, learns.' -- Seneca

You know what reminded me of it? Watching one of Bushido Man's links to a video of Bob Sapp going off on a guy well after the bell, thereby getting (deservedly) disqualified. Totally out of bounds. People get sent to the hospital or killed in real life when that happens.

I think that it is safe to say that if your opponent is down on the ground with his hands on his face etc. (and not getting up), that you have ample opportunity to get out of there and avoid being charged with excessive force (as opposed to kicking him while he is down there). Of course if he comes back a 2nd time....

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

kicking in a fight isnt cheap its smart. you have reach and power. kicking in a fight is an excllent tactic. just be sure to stay on your feet and dont loose your balance

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

Hello, If in a real street fight and fighting someone who you didn't want to fight but attacks you anyway....if you are able to throw or take them down and can stand up quicker?

Use you kicks (stomping) on the ankles.....most times the other person will not be able to stand up or chase you! (a simple technique for woman to use if being rape or attack if they have a chance to do this).

============================

Be aware of your State laws. In Hawaii if cannot prove self-defense...any bones you break, you can be sue or charge a for medical bills and missing work days of the other person. (even if you were only trying to protect your self). Yes! The BAD GUYS have more rights.

Learning where to hit/strike the body is part of our training. Learning to kill is a part of our art. Learning to break is part of our training. (most schools do not teach deadly techniques to younger kids).

Be prepare for the other person...to strike you...and go for the KILL.....if your school do not prepare you for this? ......just make sure you have a will made as soon as possible.

PS: Always be prepare for the worst...and hope things do not turn out bad.

Prevention is better than cure....Knowing how to survival? ...takes practice and the learning never stops..........Aloha

Stomping a foot works well, too. Somehow people never see that one coming.