• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicking in a fight

How can kicking in a fight be cheap? Pulling hair and biting...maybe! Kick away if that means you win!

I wouldn't even consider pulling hair and biting to be cheap shots if I was in an all out fight. In a simple school yard fight--yeah that might be crossing the line, but not when I feel my health & safety is on the line.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in a street fight there are no rules. so, whats wrong with kicking?

as a martial artist, i train kicks, so of course i'd use them

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

I use kicks when sparring, but usually I'll only throw a kick to put some distance between us or to maneuver my opponent into a better position. In a real fight, anything goes, so if a kick works, it works.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I have been taking Martial Arts for such a large portion of my life, that I don't think I could not kick in a fight. I love to watch boxing and would even love to try it, but am always afraid if I do, I might accidentally kick my partner. :lol:

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Hey, if it hurts, then it works, I would use anything in a fight, but not a weapon unless the opp has a weapon

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

In sparring i kick above the belt as required, in a street fight i am only going to kick below the belt. As far as kicking being cheap, who cares. If I'm in a fight I want to win. i train to use both hands and feet therefore i will and I will do anything to win a fight.

I would use anything i could do humanely possible. If it meant dragging the person off me via pulling the hair that is the course of action i would take. Fingers in the eyes up the nose, fish hooking , kicks to groin. In a fight the attacker wants to hurt you, hurt them hard with short decisive movements. If you can grasp pile of 'dirt' on the floor shove it in their face, then exit when the opportunity arises.

What is a cheap shot whilst defending yourself, i don't believe there are any.

Wing chun helps you find the path to ones inner strength. I am getting stronger

'''First in First served''....''Mike Walsh''' 6'th Dan.R.I.P sensie

http://www.communigate.co.uk/chesh/runcornwingchun/index.phtml

in a street fight, i'd probably kick the side of the knee, buckling their leg over... that'll stop it :P

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

I think that this might come down to semantics to a degree. As a martial artist I do not train to "fight", I train to defend myself. If I am in fear of injury or death (or in fear of a loved one's health/life) then I will use whatever I deem necessary to protect myself. I do not want to engage in a brawl... I want to deal with the situation as fast as possible and then run, or get help.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Why keep any of your body's weapons unused? I'd do whatever it took to win.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.