• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate tournament

a_ninja

Hey guys guess what, its tournament season, and i have never been in 1, or know how it goes. Its coming up in march and i want to join, but im not sure how it goes. I have heard things about division half points, and other stuff that i dont know about. My teacher also said something to me that i thought very wise he said " I dont advise tournaments, but i support it. Because in karate class im teaching you to be a better person, and in tournament training im teaching you how to win." Well i dont want in it to win but because of the expierience and to have fun. So guys what do yall think. about the tournament any suggestions on what to do and how it goes? Also what do you think about what my instructor said?

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what type of tournament is it? is it kumite & kata? point-stop or continuos? and what divisions are you planning to enter?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Most tournaments have a pre-registration. It is usually more helpful for the tournament organizers if you pre-register, and sometimes this is cheaper than registering at the door.

Next, get a rules pamphlet of the tournament you plan to attend. This should have all the information you need for forms and sparring competitions, the time it starts, etc.

Last of all, talk more with your instructor about it. He may know who is organizing the tournament, and some other things about it. He will be able to help you out the most.

Good luck and have fun! :karate:

For some people it's about winning... for me it's about having fun competing with people I've never trained with before. I'd recommend getting involved in at least one so you know what they're about and you can decide if you want to continue with them. It's better to come in as a beginner and not know anything about tournaments than to come in later at a higher ranks and not know anything. Besides if you came in later and find you liked it... look at all the missed opportunity.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1