• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

training: heavy bag or Century BOB(standing dummy)

poisendhearts

haevy bag or dummy  

8 members have voted

1. 1. haevy bag or dummy

• heavy bag
    • dummy

If you want realistic targeting, I feel that BOB is only useful if you care to limit your realistic striking practice to 1/4 of the body.

Personally, if you could get one of those very tall Thai kicking bags, that would be great for training.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That would my first choice, a tall Thai bag. If I could fit one in my gym, I'd be all over that.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

If you want realistic targeting, I feel that BOB is only useful if you care to limit your realistic striking practice to 1/4 of the body.

Personally, if you could get one of those very tall Thai kicking bags, that would be great for training.

I agree. Alot of people have mentioned that the bob dummy is good for "realistic" training. This is true to some extend. The bob looks like a human and is good for target development, however it doesnt move/react anything like a human, making this part fairly un-realistic(whens the last time you punched someone in the face and they stood without moving and their head bounced back to where it started?)

I dont own a bob, i own a bag. If i had the choice to buy 1 or the other i would go with a bag.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should get a hevybag. I dont know why, but the heavybag has just always worked out for me.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen