• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Low Belt Combinations

Xepher

Hello, Please check the rules for this technique. See if they allow it to count.!

OK....this is one that alot of people use because.( use your jab,back fist hit, extend the arm and leap or more forward quickly and to the right side of the other person. Some people leap forward. (Usually a head shot).

This technique is usually thrown often...BECAUSE it works in the game of TAG! My Instructor's flavoriate hit for point sparring.

Set it up....bliz in....leaping back fist here with the lead hand. Try this...and practice alot...wait for the right moment....you may enjoy this quick back fist! TAG!

Another is the spinning back kick....step to the right(with lead of left foot) to move the other person to the to your left side and spin w/ a right leg spinning back kick.......gotta practice this alot........Aloha

!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOOT! I got first place in my division! I only had one opponent though but I won by a 5-0 blank! Two lunging backfists , one instep side thrust kick , one roundhouse kick , and one reverse punch , the only time the other person it me was when I lunged and got kicked in the side of the thigh!!!!!! WHoot! thanks for the help guys :)

haha no prob and congratz... now come into my division get a first place... then i shall let u brag!

but seriously well done for ure first tourney dude... i hope u consoled ure opponent after totally destroying them... cause if you didnt... then uh.. we have some stuff to talk bout... ;) i think u can figure it out rofl

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

• 1 month later...

Haha Sorry for being on Hiatus for a bit guys :) but I went on to win sparring in that division and place first in the sparring division for the home tournament! So far I have won all five of my sparring matches in tournaments 5-0 , 5-0 , 5-0 , 5-0 , and 6-1. Though I am in the lowest belt division white-yellow(sometimes orange). I find I score 70% of my points from an instep side thrust kick or a lunging backfist. I also find a quick drop of the shoulder then lunge in with five quick jabs. Also a bluebelt showed me a cheeky move where you step up , gently step on their boot and when they look down get a quick point haha :karate:

but thank you for all the advice guys!

just watch then you step on their boot that you a) dont fall over somehow and b) dont get called by the judge... some of them dont really know the rules to well and even if it is legal, they can call u on it just because....

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

Easy combo that you can work on, especially during class. Punch, Punch, Roundhouse, then you can add a side at the end. You can make the kicks vary for this combination and the sweet part is, is that anyone can use it. From white belt to black. Hope you have fun building on this:) :karate:

Edit: When you do the side, don't land the roundhouse, step into it.

Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

-Saul Alinsky

The soft and the yielding overcome the rigid and the hard, but few people put this into practice.

-The Tao Te Ching

obiwansbane, congratulations. Keep up the good work. Always use the kiss system in competition and on the street. Use a backfist (uraken uchi) to the head (jodan) and blast the body with a reverse punch (gyaku zuki).

Thanks,

Sensei Tom