• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grading tomorrow!

Well, tomorrow I shall be off to my club's grading venue to make an attempt for Blue Belt (4th kyu) in Taekwondo. I'm psyching myself up for the hour long non-stop energetic drilling of blocks, strikes, kicks, patterns, and combinations. After that I'll get a break before going out and sparring and using self defence throws, armlocks etc. etc.

I will not be on the UK Chat tonight because I need to get a long hot bath and some extra sleep in for the early start tomorrow.

Wish me luck people! :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best of luck Jack! Hope my help in your preparation training pays off.

Remember to keep those fluid levels up & GO FOR IT :grin:

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

w00t, really looking forward to the grading after tonight's class. Thanks for the advice YODA, I'm sure it'll pay off.

Oh yes, I'm going for an Indian with some of the Taekwondo instructors and members after the grading, should be fun. :grin:

Off to slurp down my protein shake, eat up my banana, have a bath watch father ted then go off to bed. :smile: Bye!

Jack

KarateForums.com

Goodluck, man! Not that you need it.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Well good luck Jack :up:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Success!

It was going really well at first, until the floor really began to become wet and slippery from perspiration. This completely messed up my combinations since I was slipping all over the place - even going forwards in a standard stance was damned near impossible! Next time I'll be grading in the main hall so I wont have that problem then thank god. :smile:

The day was great and I managed to pass. It was amazing watching some of the higher gradings - I really have a lot of respect for their skill and determination.

After the grading we all went and celebrated with the instructors by having an Indian and a couple of drinks, was a good laugh and a great way of celebrating the day.

Now, going to take a week off then back onto the war path with a vengeance. :smile:

Jack Waspe

4th Kyu Taekwondo

Karateforums.com Sensei

'What the mind can believe, the body can achieve.'

[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2002-05-19 12:27 ]

Jack

KarateForums.com