• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Questions about Tae Kwon Do in the Bejing olympic games

Im just gonna start shooting questions at you :D

-Do you get funded (for traveling) by WTF when you go to Bejing in 2008 or do you have to pay the tickets your self? athletes have special accomidations?

-What are the requirements to go to Bejing 2008? what about groups or divisions,is it by age or weight?

-I know I sound like a newb,( I am) are there other events? like kata forms and grappling? or is it just sparring?

-are you picked when you become a national champion or do you go if you want to?

thanks for answering my newbish questions :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In order to compete Olympically in TKD, you first have to win state qualifiers. If you place in the top 2 (I think) in a state qualifier, then you are eligible for national competitons, I believe. I don't know what you have to place nationaly to make the National Team, though.

I think once you make the National Team, you are then invited to train at the Oympic Trainin Center. Then, you are pretty much on their training schedule. However, they pay for your competition fees, and travel fees, for national and international events (including the Olympics). However, you have to stay on the team.

The AAU also does something similar, although they can't get you into the Olympics. However, they do have a National Team as well, that will compete internationally. However, I don't know if there is an age requirement, or not. The AAU does hold the Junior Olympics, but I don't know if they have a National team for adults. Check their website to find out for sure.

I hope this helps!