• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Katana Question

I think that the Katana might be the ultimate weapon but everyone has opinon...

My question is, can a Katana slice through anything?

Because I know that a Katana can slice a speeding bullet (if you want to see the video just ask)... :up:

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no a katana cannot 'slice' through everything, look up the howard clark L6 katana destruction tests over at http://www.swordforum.com while not traditionally constructed they're thought to be the strongest "katana-like" swords around, and even they aren't impervious.

I don't think the katana is the ultimate weapon, and I don't think they can cut through anything. The katana was a very well made blade, but in the end, it is just another sword.

No matter how strong your weapon is there will always be something it cannot penetrate. Im thinking a katana couldnt cut through a meter thick piece of lead.

In my opinion though its probably the best sword ever made due to its design. But at the end of the day its really 1% sword 99% User

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

In my opinion though its probably the best sword ever made due to its design. But at the end of the day its really 1% sword 99% User

I don't think the design of the katana is all that ingenious. They were usually known for their keenness, but other than that, it isn't really all too special.

I agree with your percentages, though. All user. Heck, Mushashi used a bokken for many of his duels.

Truthfully if your good then anything can be used as a weapon. Although Id love to see someone split a car with one. That would be awesome. :)

And yes Id like to see the video also.

I don't think the design of the katana is all that ingenious. They were usually known for their keenness, but other than that, it isn't really all too special.

its not the shape of the katana thats special its the forging techniniques. its was the first time anyone had layered metal like that. The result was a very flexible yet sturdy blade that was so durable that generations of fathers and sons often passed down the same blade.

When practicing Nunchaku, it is best not to stand under lights....seriously; I have broken more lights that way. :-P

I feel there's no real "best weapon"... I think there are best weapons for certain situations, but as everyone else stated, it's more the fighter than the tool they use. A katana requires room to use so it wouldn't be as effective in a hallway or a small room as a knife would be.

I kind of feel media has some part to play in mystical-uber-elite aura of invulnerability surrounding the katana. This isn't to say that it isn't an extremely versatile and effective weapon, but how many people were drawn to the katana through watching movies like The Highlander or The Last Samarui.(Hey, I was one of them :D ) The fact of the matter is that there is no weapon that can cut through anything, otherwise don't you think that people would take advantage of it in one form or another?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

The fact of the matter is that there is no weapon that can cut through anything, otherwise don't you think that people would take advantage of it in one form or another?

Were all still waiting for lighsabers. :) :brow: :)

IMO, the design of the katana is quite ingenious, as it is a blade designed with enough curvature to manouvre around obsticals with a simple tsuki while still maintaining sturdy structural form, also the ability to protrude gaps in plated armour comes to mind.

But at the end of the day its really 1% sword 99% User

Nice words, and very true. I tell people that often.

Truthfully if your good then anything can be used as a weapon.

Also very true.

and, where is this video???

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."