• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Protecting a friend

Next time you see him come up to you keep an eye out for his hands. If they go for a pocket, create distance.

You dont want him to pull a knife while you are close to him, not giving you to react if he swings it.

I realise this thread isnt about knife defence tactics, but i have to question what research or experience your basing this advice on?

If he pull the knife, keep that distance even if you need to run. If you get trapped, NEVER EVER try to fight unarmed a armed person, grab a chair. After all its a school. People tend to gain more confidence if they have an advantage. With a chair it will make him talk more and do less. And KEEP the distance.

What if you cant grab a chair or something else, does the advice to "never ever try to fight unarmed against an armed person" still hold true? Circumstance is something you cant control.

I dont know how you guys in the US have that shoving thing, but where i live no one shoves or pushes people around. I mean if someone pushed or shoved me i would imediatly assume that they where assaulting me and would punch/kick him.

Regardless of the situation?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ok sorry I couldn't respond earlier but some personal things came up. Anyways the day after he tried to hit her, pushed me etc... he comes up to me and says hey i dont want to mess with you ok? and so i said good but dont touch her and he ended up apoligizing. So no need for violence but apparently I scared him enough the day before with my actions (no violence needed :)) that he thought he would either get beat or didn't want to get hurt. idk but at least its settled. although i still watch him just in case. thanks for all your help ^^

although i still watch him just in case. thanks for all your help ^^

That is good intiative - you never know if he is saying that just to make you let your guard drop before *WHAM!!!!!* your in hospital suffering from a knife wound :o

"...to stand between the candle and the shining moon..."

Ok sorry I couldn't respond earlier but some personal things came up. Anyways the day after he tried to hit her, pushed me etc... he comes up to me and says hey i dont want to mess with you ok? and so i said good but dont touch her and he ended up apoligizing. So no need for violence but apparently I scared him enough the day before with my actions (no violence needed :)) that he thought he would either get beat or didn't want to get hurt. idk but at least its settled. although i still watch him just in case. thanks for all your help ^^

Glad to see it resolve without resorting to actual violence.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 11 months later...
Alright, today at lunch(I sit outside) this kid came up to one my friends (a girl) and was apparently about to harm her. She said something to him a few days ago and he finally came up and was about to do something. Well knowing this as I saw him come I got in front of her and told him to leave. He wouldn't do it and was pretty intent on fighting me and so he pushed me and then walked away and (Yea this is childish I know) I was about to go up to him and start something but my friends were holding me back. Anyways tomorrow I'm not going to try to start anything but will protect my friend no matter what. and apparently he has some anger management issues/ has pulled a knife on a teacher and so on.. But I came here for a little advice seeing as I haven't fought in a long time and I guess a little rusty. I just want to be ready if he tries anything so he can't get to her. I was in Taekwondo for about 2 years but I unfortunately quit it a while back. I remember every strike or move I was taught and can execute most of them smoothly (although still a little rusty). Any advice on what to do if he attacks or if i have to do a pre emptive strike? I tried avoiding this but he wouldn't let it go.

Thanks in advance : /

I suggest letting the situation die. It's nothing worth getting deeper into.

• 2 weeks later...

The same thing applies when defending a younger sibling, yourself, or in this case your friend. The 3 rules of martial arts apply in every situation. Talk , Retreat , Fight.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.