• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/1

Drilled maintaining mount. Review americana. Americana to arm triangle. Transition back to americana.

30 min free roll.

5/1/2013

Pre-class workout

10 down blocks in front stance, continuous, both sides.

10 high blocks in front stance, continuous, both sides.

10 middle blocks in back stance, continuous, both sides. All of these, I focused on speed and snap, along with hips into the techniques.

Powerline

BL front kick: 10 each leg.

BL push kick: 5 each leg.

BL double round kicks: 3 each leg.

BL round kick: 5 each leg.

Spin hook kick: 5 each leg.

Spin side kick: 5 each leg.

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:30 pm. The organization tournament is coming up this weekend, so the class was kind of a tourney prep class. Our instructor explained some of the nuances of how the tournament will run, how the rings are set up for judging forms and then sparring, and then we did a mini forms tournament, where the 4 black belts that were there did judging, and two students would come up and do their forms at the same time. The students got tips on keeping spacing in mind for their forms so they don't run into the judges while doing them, etc.

I did get to run through Yoo Sin, and I felt pretty good doing it. Had good power, but as always, the crescent/hand slap/side kick was kind of bad. Afterwards, we set up a sparring ring, with the instructor being a center judge, and we had 2 or 3 corner judges, depending on who was sparring. I got to spar a match with our young and spry brown belt, and that was a good time.

30 minute walk after class, and a stretch.

5/3

1 mile run.

Today was the end of a five week stint running the department's spring training shoot. It was great to get so many rounds down range, it was horrible to be out in the weather so much as April didn't exactly treat us well. All in all, though, very good time. Now I get to breath for a weekend and roll right back into a 4 week block of teaching control tactics.

5/4

2.5 hours of BJJ seminar with Roy Harris. The man is amazing and anyone should take the opportunity to train with him whenever you get the chance. I've had the chance to train with him a couple of times in jits and FMA's. Take your pick of arts, the man is worth training with.

We went over top side control with position and then pressure. Used pressure to make a move to back happen. Moved on thru modified scarf and scarf with submission series attached.

Finished technique with north/south pressure positions and submission.

Lastly, he gave us a q and a session that was enlightening. Seriously, train with this man at some point in your career.