• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training and managing fighters.

Please forgive my ignorance. This may be a dumb question. Do you need to have experience as a professional boxer/muay thai fighter in order to later train and manage other fighters?

The reason I ask is because I believe I would make a far better trainer and manager than actual fighter. As a fighter, I don't believe I would make it very far. I simply don't have the desire to be in the ring myself. But as a trainer/manager, I think I would have a lot more to contribute. I enjoy teaching people martial arts, although I still have quite a lot to learn myself. And I enjoy watching and examining fighters in action in the ring.

If it's possible, training and managing fighters is something I'd like to do in the future, and I would sure like to hear from anyone in this forum that has experience. I'd like to hear how you got your start.

Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I would say that if you like it, and want to do it, then you should go for it.

Although I think that ring experience would help you out in the long run, it may not be necessary. Another point I would make is that you wouldn't have to go pro, but just get some small-time ring experience.

With that said, minus the ring experience, I would say to educate yourself in every way possible on the ways and means of executing your plan of action. Learn all you can, so that you can be prepared.

Best of luck to you in your endeavor!