• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I just took my red belt test, it consisted of multiple forms including the one for my level, basic techniques, advanced techniques, terminology, self defense, advanced one step sparring.

My school doesn't have a heavy sparring focus, so that's not always in the testing, that's optional. Have to be prepared for it, but may not be asked to do so.

what goes around, comes around

Well I tested and received my Black Belt a couple weeks ago. Thank you. The test was much diferent then my color belt tests. We had various different sparring matches. Different byu ways of multiple attackers. We did a lot of forms and 1 step sparring and some wood breaking. The breaking was designed to be instructional. We had to explain the break as well as the proper technique to be used. This I found was to show how one can instruct. The final test was a garden block break with hand/palm. All black Belts must do this as a demo of proper technique. 2 of the 3 of us did it on the first try (I was 1 of those). The 3rd had to try twice, which I think is harder becasue the second try your hand HURTS. smile

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

It realy is a great idea. At times they ask the color belts how did they learn, say an inside block, and they will tell them. Then explain that it is done like that to make it easy to learn it. For the BB test they took it to the next level or to the "how would yo teach it" level. Very well done.

Oh and Thank You.

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

• 4 weeks later...

we did drills,push ups,all forms known for that belt level.

in my case,base forms 1,2,3 then tae guk il chang,palgae il jang,sparring three time attack/defend,

board break with back kick for 7th kup (green stripe on yellow belt.)next testing for 6th kup is a jumping back kick board break! back kick board break is hard enough!!

WTF TKD :D

courtesy-integrity-perserverance-self control-indomitable spirit