• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

america's not so great

g

Regardless of the merits or demerits of the Kyoto agreement, countries shouldn't back out of agreements they've signed.

Take NMD. Not only have we angered half of the civilized world, but the Bush administration chose the most expensive, least effective variant. If the US is to do NMD (which is questionable), the government should have chosen the Arleigh Burke-based variant.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2002-05-17 21:44, Withers M.A.A. wrote:

I'm sorry but the United States is by far the greatest and most powerful country on the planet. I back Bush in what he is doing and has done and as for 9/11 all Americans were brought closer because of that day so that shows we are even that much stronger.

If you don't love this country like the rest of us do then leave, cause if that is how you feel we don't want you.

No offense but this is how I feel.

Pete

AMERICA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mature. There are something like 70 countries represented on this forum - and it's a DISCUSSION forum!! Telling people to leave if they don't happen to agree with your world view is hardly a good example of freedom of speech, enshrined! :nod:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The topic of this thread is that america is not that great. Think about that statement. All countries can not please everyone. In most of the world you can not get all the freedoms and opportunities that you can in the US. Some argue that the US should give more money and resources to the rest of the world.

Its easy for them to say this when they are not paying for it. The amount of taxes that we pay to pay for all of this is quite painful. I

think we might have payed less under king George. The US does not have to please the rest of the world and is entitled to serve in its best interests, just as every other country.

If we all could stop trying to kill each other all the time,money and resorces could be used to improve the world instead of destroy it.......

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

On 2002-05-17 13:51, g wrote:

it wasn't lawless renegades it was forces organised and armed by the UK

ps. don't tell me not jump to conclusions as u don't understand the IRA. the ra don't sell drug the loyalists do. that is a fact. the IRA all ways ran protection rackets as for training other paramilities thats is a different matter

pps. dont talk about what u dont understand

LOL - guess where I'M from, Mr Presumptive?? Here's a clue, g - Trathnona maith agat, mo chara! (tr for the non-Irish speakers, "Good afternoon, my friend!")

The 'RA in their various guises have been into drugs for quite a few years now - gone are the days when they had some sort of "moral code" in the terrorist actions they perpetrated (the Omagh terrorist massacre pretty much proved that!) and would stay clear of drugs for moral reasons.

They also used to stand for a united, radical communist Ireland, another fact most Americans do not realise (and that they might not be so keen to fund). The communist wing did not approve of drugs, like all good communists and eventually went off the idea of armed struggle and into politics more. This led to the birth of the "Workers' Party", who I have to say, speak a lot of sense very often!

The PIRA kept up the armed struggle and after many years, started to become more lax in their disapproval of drugs. They still administer "punishment beatings" today, to drug dealers, but it's become more of a territorial thing - they don't want to lose the revenue from small-time drug-crooks who are selling on their patch without contributing to the cause. As the PIRA and Sinn Féin have now also moved towards a relative, if patchy, peace, the yobbos have moved on to smaller, more hard-core groups such as "Continuity" and "Real" IRAs and these boys and girls have no scruples whatsoever about drugs.

I know a lot more about Irish terrorists but this is getting long enough as it is! All I would add is that I agree that the loyalist terrorists have been into drugs for a lot longer. I didn't mention them before as they have not been funded to a great deal by US groups, and it was terrorism in the context of the US that we were discussing.

However I'm afraid you are painfully naive if you believe that Irish Republican groups don't have drugs all over their hands these days (as well as blood). And I am no apologist for either brands of terrorists - I despise all of those who kill others claiming it is for MY freedom, especially in Ireland, whether they're Republican or Loyalist.

Please don't lecture me on Irish terrorists, I've lived it. Have a pleasant afternoon!

Slán go foill, a chara! (tr: "see you, friend")

"A bhitseach"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The EU wanted to adhere to the Kyoto treaty, but as soon as the US rejected it the EU rejected it also.. It did not want to limit itself if it had to.

I wonder how long the EU will last, or how the lesser countries will take being pushed around.. this will probabily set up another Nazi Germany. There is already a reasonably sized Nazi part in Germany.

Do unto others, as they done to you.

Shame we didn't stay in the Kyoto treaty then, because most of the EU has already met its requirements.

You'll find that in most countries there is some form of Nazi party, and they're very much a minority, but you see unlike some countries we practice true democracy and allow everyone to speak their view, rather than just having two parties who control everything.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I wonder how long the EU will last, or how the lesser countries will take being pushed around.. this will probabily set up another Nazi Germany. There is already a reasonably sized Nazi part in Germany.

And we have a winner! Godwin's law in effect as expected.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

Hard to believe any country feeling itself unable to sign Kyoto anyway - it was SO wussy! You didn't necessarily have to reduce your own emissions (oo-er Mrs etc), but you could do a deal with a developing nation that was under ITS quota, sell them some of your waste quota, and everything came out okay!

The agreement was so wishy-washy it shows how bad the non-signatories think their own waste is, that they can't even comply with THAT.

:eek:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

for a start the PIRA didn't plant ther Omagh bomb

the PIRA isn't that bad and you should learn to separate between the RIRA/CIRA and the PIRA. the IRA are by far in the way the cleanest of all the paramilitries and although in resent years they are becaming less moral this is because they are becoming more of a group of organised criminals than freedom fighters

[ This Message was edited by: g on 2002-05-26 10:26 ]

Isn't that bad?

I think I must be seeing things, I can't believe that I just read that trash. They are terrorists. They run around and plant bombs to kill, injure and terrorise innocent people! How can you say that it 'isn't that bad'? An uncle of mine was in London and took a bus. He got off, and two minutes later the bus exploded.

All of the paramilitaries are nothing more than worthless murderers, they are not freedom fighters, simply cowards trying to impose their will through murder, mayhem and chaos.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B