• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

america's not so great

g

america is a country that has built up its resources through undermining other countries and they take full advantage of events like 9/11. i see no coincidence that as america is trying to increase there oil reserves that they declare all out war in afganistan. if they secure fganistan they can build an oil pipe to the ocean without the consent of russia( as previously the pipe would have to have gone through russia). why do u think america has had such a sustained intrest in afganistan through the last 2 decades.

america doesn't fight wars that it'll lose nor does it fight wars that it won't profit from.

ps. i think Bush is a thoughtless NAZI.

[ This Message was edited by: g on 2002-05-15 07:38 ]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you hope to do by being so inflammatory. While I didn't vote for President Bush, nor do I have much love for the man, he is not a Nazi. If you're out to insult him, you might find a label that fits him better.

You're also conflating the American government and America as a nation. What do you mean when you say "they" are using 9/11 to "their" advantage?

Personally, I was shocked and saddened when I watched the events unfold from afar in Russia. I was terrified, both afraid to go home and anxious to see my loved ones. I was also saddened when the attacks started without a clear notion of who was to blame.

As for your final point, Americans lost many, many people in Korea and Vietnam, but those were hardly considered victories. But here is the real question--what country fights wars it won't profit from? Name one conflict where a country was not thinking about its own well-being and prosperity. Can't think of one, can you?

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

Why on earth WOULD we fight a war we thought we would lose?

America needs oil, this is true. When things like 9/11 happen, we need to ensure that we have reserves of oil, especially when countries are threatening to stop selling it to us.

You need to get your facts straight before you start posting. Are you really sure you even know what a Nazi is?

This thread will probably be closed soon, anyway, since it's quite pointless.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

The pipeline which you refer to is a natural gas pipeline and it is very important to the development of Afghanistan. It would help by suppling power, building roads and most importantly creating jobs so these "warriors" can use thier energies in a more constructive manner. If you would like a more informed point of view here is the Afghan website...

http://www.afgha.com/index.php?screen=13

there is an article about the pipeline, as well as the news from the Afghanis themselves.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

hmmmm....... I guess G doesn't want to respond to this thread anymore, maybe he realized what a big mistake he has made.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

There is far more to the story here than anyone including myself knows about..

I can't stand it when people from other countries come on here and call the US a bad country.. We often pay for everyone with our tax money, we build everyone factorys and bridges or what have you...

The US does more for all the countries than anyone else does. Foreign aide is in the Trillions...

Do unto others, as they done to you.

I just have to wonder how, with all of its weaponry, technology, and equally capable allies (some of us Brits for example) America could fight a war it would lose, I mean who could stand against the massive force that it can show?

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I would hardly say we play fair. There's a reason Henry Kissinger is so against human rights trials at The Hague--he knows he might have to undergo trial for some of the things he's done too.

As for TKD_McGee's post, show me a citation showing that the United States pays out trillions of dollars in foreign aid. You'd do well to back up your assertions with facts, rather than just trying to get a heated response with unsupported nonsense.

While I find thoughtless "I hate America"-ism pointless and stupid, I don't think it's clear that the "US does more for all the countries than anyone else does". The world's a pretty complex place, and raw expenditures doesn't mean the USA is without question making the world a better place for everyone.

Chris Tessone

White Belt, Kuk Sool Won

[ This Message was edited by: tessone on 2002-05-15 15:31 ]

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

Trillions total, not to one specific country. Whether you like it or not, or know it or not the US does pay for everyone. Where do you think 1/3+ of your pay check goes?

Here is a small one that I found:

http://www.nadn.navy.mil/NAFAC/Papers/table03/US_Foreign_Aid_to_the_Countries_of_Central_Asia_by_John_Dixon.doc

Just watch TV, they always have foreign aide charts up on how much each country gets from the US. The fact is that the US has more foreign aide and relief programs than anyone in the world. Where does the food come from to feed starving africans? Who starts most of the organizations to stop hunger and promote human right?

Do unto others, as they done to you.