• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

first sparring session

a_ninja

If you can give us a rundown of the rules for you style of sparring, we will have a better idea of what techniques you can and cannot use.

As for not doing well, what do you think you need the most help with? It was your first session, so you should not be expecting to rule the day, so to speak.

Just relax, and watch how your opponent moves. Learn to block, and then begin to counter.

well i cant hit anything below the waist, i can fight on the ground, and i cant hit arms on purpose. I am pretty good at blocking, but i cant come back with too good of a counter. I did a couple of times, but not all of the ones i should have.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Begin to build your combinations. Find something that works for you, and drill it over and over, and make it yours. Working on counters is great, too. This is best done with a partner, as he throws a pre-determined attack, and you throw a pre-determined counter. What you are doing here is learning to look for the telegraphs of the attack, in order to build on your reaction time.