• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone train with Sensei Kase before he passed away?

Mrt333

Hey all

Having been out of training for a few years, was gutted to find out that my former chief instructor Sensei Kase passed away in 2004.

He was chief instructor of the WSKA (World Shotokan Karate Academy) and was represented in the UK by the English Shotokan Academy, founded by the late Sensei Steve Cattle.

I never had the opportunity to train with either he or Steve before they passed away. Was wondering if any of you guys have any stories to share?

Thanks

Dave

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had the honour to train under the great master Kase at Crystal Palace course a couple of times in the 80s . I was a junior grade then but We were all amazed with his awsome power and speed from a man of his stature .

I wish I had more classes under him later on when I was more advance in my training ,but still that memory will always be with me .

Sensei Kase was a student of master Funakoshi and together with Enoeda sensei were two of the most powerful karate masters and I had the pleasure to train with both of them ! Our dojo had the honour to have Master Enoeda teaching there on a very successful course .

never give up !