• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokan Founders

G95champ

Does anyone know where I can find some wall pics of Funakoshi and the other early founders of Shotokan. One of the men I trained with is talking about starting a school and is looking for them.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

if you get a magazine called 'Martial Arts Illustrated' then there are tonnes of advertisments for this type of thing. One that jumped out at me though... theres lots of choice and they have frames and things you want ... well erm the credit card hotline is 01708522288, or u can write to them at...

BLC marketing,

61 Wawick Road,

Rainham,

Essex,

RM13 9XU.

hope this helped. oss.

Lucy

:cool:

ps. lets hear how the new school gets on !

Empty your mind : be formless, shapeless like water. Now you can put water inot a cup and it becomes that cup. Now water can flow and it can crash. Be water.

thanks

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

G95,

I know your are a Shotokan guy. I'm thinking about taking it, and I found a dojo here in NY (Webster). Do (or did) you ever hear of Impire Martial Arts? The guy the owns the dojo is Steve Goodrich. If ya have any info, lemme know :smile:

Thanks in advance.

Laurie S.

Yellow belt/green stripe TKD

(formally 5th gup blue belt TSD)

[ This Message was edited by: karatekid1975 on 2002-05-27 17:53 ]

Laurie F

No I have never heard of him however that don't mean a lot. WV is 15 years behind the rest of the country remember LOL...

Are you staying in the TKD class or not?

How is the hamstring?

Good luck with whatever you choose.

G95,

Yes I still take TKD, but I'm looking for "more". What I mean is, more of a traditional art (I'm not bashing the new arts by any means, though). TKD is fun, but I want more "indepth" (mental) skill. Not just physical.

Hammy is getting better :smile:

Laurie F