• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA Clichés

:lol: Man, that guy gets around! He's a movie star, too - usually sitting at the bar, waiting. The fight's about to start, cue Haymaker Harry.

Good one, NightOwl.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People with tattoos are better fighters.

The one that gets me is "You do martial arts? Can you kick my butt? (Occasionally, a different word is substituted for butt)

To which I reply: "Sure, turn around."

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

People with tattoos are better fighters.

That's not true? Oh man...I made a big mistake...

^%^%^%^%^%^%

Cliche: Mcdojo

Disclaimer: NOT MEANT to bash any style...Mcdojos are not unique to any one art. however...this one is just too good to pass up:

Ah, Mcdojos! Are they are real and relevant problem? You betcha. When you see hoards of people getting black belts as easily as switching to Geiko (that just got me 5 bucks by the way), you know something fishy is going on in the martial arts world. The problem is that Mcdojos are EXACTLY what people want. Who needs to fight and drill themselves into the ground for years at a time to get a black when all you need is a belt a month for a little under a year? The answer is that (unless you are a dedicated martial artist) nobody needs to put in much work anymore. You just want the exercise and the 'confidence' that comes with martial arts, not the active pursuit of it. You are there to buy a product, not to earn it. And thus Mcdojos have come into power.

And yet because of this, the term 'Mcdojo' has become so over-used that it is little more than an insult to trash someone else's style anonymously over the internet. Therefore it is my honor to place Mcdojos in the MARTIAL CLICHE HALL OF FAME.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

Maybe I should have gotten a tattoo of a guy getting a tattoo.

Maybe I should have gotten a tattoo of a guy getting a tattoo.

I wanted to get a life-sized tatoo of myself, but taller.

Disclaimer: NOT MEANT to bash any style...Mcdojos are not unique to any one art. however...this one is just too good to pass up:

That video has made the rounds here before. It is quite funny. I would like to take a look at that school, just to see....