• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how to survive 3 on 1

We practice this type of training and it does get a bit hairy sometimes. The way we do it is put chairs randomly into centre of a room. The chairs scattered we circle and give numbers. Sifu shouts the numbers we all run in and attack via the numbers so the centre man doesnt know which direction the attack is coming from . He also has to negotiate the chairs that are set out in no tidy fashion around his feet. We do the same idea too with a wingman who stays in the centre also. You basically stay back to back, in the centre and support each other as the attackers fly in. Great way of training and good for quick thinking, in case it happens out with family members etc. It really opens your eyes to body positioning and awkward stances!!

Wing chun helps you find the path to ones inner strength. I am getting stronger

'''First in First served''....''Mike Walsh''' 6'th Dan.R.I.P sensie

http://www.communigate.co.uk/chesh/runcornwingchun/index.phtml

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually doing this type of training as well. One thing I am learning is run around alot. If you can stay a couple of steps ahead of them. you can use them against each other. Pick the easiest fighter, and keep him in between your other opponants. Thrust kicks work well to kick em when they come at you and side kicks. Other than that I keep my hands up, punch like a madwoman, run like H_ _ _. Punch them as you are running by. It works :D

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

• 3 months later...

how big is the ring where you will fight?

think walls and space: if they cant get behind you, its harder to just grab you.

if it was street self defense- make a run for it- first one to get to you gets to fight you first(should fight for 3 seconds, tops) then keep running.

Also, if it was street self defense, a narrow corridor helps. Again, walls and space.

all that has been said so far should help. I'm just putting my little grain of salt.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 2 weeks later...

This has helped me in drilling with 3 attackers.

I agree about keeping them in a line. If possible try to get your hands on the smallest of the three and throw or in some way push him into the largest of the three.

This may give you a few seconds to deal with the middle attacker long enough for a few key techniques. If you can subdue the middle guy you now suddenly have a 2 on 1 fight. You are still out numbered but you will be in a slightly better situation.

• 3 months later...

This is actually one of my favourite things to practice... I love 3-1 fights!

What my instructor always taught me was "line them up, line them up..." and it has worked wonderfully so far! Another thing I like to do (if you are in better shape, faster and have more endurance than the opponents) is just running away! When the opponents chase you, the fastest and most fit will always catch up with you first. Turn that into a one-on-one fight, and when the other two start to catch up, run away again and just keep fighting the group one-on-one! It's worked quite well for me in the past, anyway... And, who knows, you may actually be able to clothesline an opponent if they cant stop chasing you fast enough! =D

So, basically my philosophy is: 1) Line them up and 2) Turn it into a one-on-one fight

La voie. La vérité. La vie.