• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how to survive 3 on 1

well this one is a hard one. i would advise to build up your strenghth. because 3 guys in 2 minutes if you use speed to stay out of there way then it will tire you out quickly. It would also be a good thing to train on your reflexes.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard is to take a single techinque and make it YOURS. Drill it over and over and over and over until it's absolute second nature. Generate as much power as physically possible with this technique and drill it on pads, bags, moving objects and people (with protective gear of course) at full power, NEVER pulling it. Make this your default technique, your most powerful option and prioritize it above all others. When the heat is on, you plant that technique (in my case a right hook) straight into the highest priority targets (jaw, nose, neck, throat, and floating ribs ONLY if the face is unavailable) with the same power and speed you drilled it at.

Of course, it's great to have a 'toolbox', but the thing about fighting mulitiple opponents is you don't have the time to simultaniously adapt to 3 different attackers; you want to end it as quickly and as decisively as possible with NO room for hesitation. Put them all down as quick as possible and learn to love adrenaline.

This is very solid advice, not only for this topic but for self defence in general.

This is good advise, when it comes to combat. I think the initial thread is about a testing scenario, but that doesn't make this advise any less good. Actually, this is how you would want to do it, I think. Great advise, MizuRyu.

With this advise in mind, it is important that one does not get into the trap of assuming that one technique will take out one person in a multiples situation such as this. Most likely, it won't. Many people can take more than one shot, so you have to be prepared to blast at one, and watch for the others. Getting one off of his feet would be helpful, so you could turn for a second to concentrate on another.

Be VERY, VERY proactive. Don't let them come to you. Fight it as though it's a fight you started and want to have. Have the mentality of a fox in a shed, rather than an out-numbered victim.

Having said that - glad I don't have to do it! :)

Good luck. Let us know how it went when it's over!

fox in a chicken shed i meant to say. a fox in a shed probably just feels a bit scared! hehe

ok..take the fight to them and make them reluctant to get close. it would be nice if their superior numbers meant that they started to rely on their friends to get the job done coz they don't want to get hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

yes stay circular makes sense lol and this is a 1 shot thing, never faught 3 on 1 before...

Slightly off topic, but i find it interesting that people often train to learn certainly skills... and then you are tested on these skills. However, in this case your required to defend against 3 people, yet it hasnt been covered or practiced in class before?

Is it just me or do that not make a great deal of sense? I would have thought that if you are required to do something in a test that the content of the test would reflect what you have learned during the lessons leading up to said test.

yes stay circular makes sense lol and this is a 1 shot thing, never faught 3 on 1 before...

Slightly off topic, but i find it interesting that people often train to learn certainly skills... and then you are tested on these skills. However, in this case your required to defend against 3 people, yet it hasnt been covered or practiced in class before?

Is it just me or do that not make a great deal of sense? I would have thought that if you are required to do something in a test that the content of the test would reflect what you have learned during the lessons leading up to said test.

I can see your point here, cross. However, I think that when it is done, it is meant to be impromptu at times (at least in our school) just to give a surprise element to the testing.

We do 2 on 1 and 3 for alls in class from time to time, but not often. I think we do it so seldom to keep it from getting out of hand. Sometimes, we get a little squirrelly! :brow:

I can see your point here, cross. However, I think that when it is done, it is meant to be impromptu at times (at least in our school) just to give a surprise element to the testing.

We do 2 on 1 and 3 for alls in class from time to time, but not often. I think we do it so seldom to keep it from getting out of hand. Sometimes, we get a little squirrelly! :brow:

I understand what your saying also. Im just not sure that i personally would be satisfied with my only exposure to multiple opponent training being a one off or a surprise in a grading test.

The chanced of fight tree persons at the same time are very slim.

If they attack realisticaly and the 3 at the same time, you dont even have a chance.

One attacks you, and the other 2 just grab and try to hold you.

There would need to be a huge skill diference for someone to defeat them.

I would play avoidance game, like children play catch.

And run from them.

The chanced of fight tree persons at the same time are very slim.

If they attack realisticaly and the 3 at the same time, you dont even have a chance.

One attacks you, and the other 2 just grab and try to hold you.

There would need to be a huge skill diference for someone to defeat them.

I would play avoidance game, like children play catch.

And run from them.

to avoid them within the confines of the dojo will also need "a huge skill difference". also i assume the aim is to put up a fight rather than just survive for a period of time. i don't think most judges would be impressed with the avoidance game, even if you could manage it. which i think would be difficult unless the 3 opponents have the brains of pacman ghosts! hehe (hope springs eternal)