• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how to survive 3 on 1

for my test i have to go for a 2 minute round against 3 opponents... to make things worse i would already by nearly spent after fighting 1 opponent for 6 minutes and 2 opponents for 4 mins...

so against 2 opponents i would keep one away with kicks while trying to assault the other and take him out,

but what should i do to last out the 2 minutes against 3 opponents?

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well,i would say try to keep them lined up as best as you can so you can focus on one at a time. or line them up and throw a huge kick knocking them all back like dominos. :lol:

"Sword-Chucks yo."

Yes, thanks a lot guys.  Hey, kamasandsais, that was something that you knew that I did not!! 
<---blackmail hahahahhaha bushido

Keep one of them in between you and the others and keep pressuring that one. Make sure you're constantly updating your position to prevent them encircling you so you've always got only one close to you and the others further away. Try and take them to the floor quickly. The first one to come towards you, try and throw or sweep him to keep him incpacitiated for a while. Throw one of them towards the others. Best I can think of at the moment.

Good advise given here so far. As is mentioned, line up the opponents so that they are behind each other, and you only have to focus on one at a time. Try to stay in the middle of the ring/room, so you have plenty of room to maneuver, as you will have to run around a lot, I think.

Press the attack on the front oppenent, and when they begin to get out of line, fall back and re-line them up.

Good luck with testing! :karate:

for my test i have to go for a 2 minute round against 3 opponents... to make things worse i would already by nearly spent after fighting 1 opponent for 6 minutes and 2 opponents for 4 mins...

so against 2 opponents i would keep one away with kicks while trying to assault the other and take him out,

I Agree with what others have said. Stay mobile and dont focus to much attention on one person.

Out of interest, do you do this kind of training regularly in class or is it a one off for your test?

I Agree with what others have said. Stay mobile and dont focus to much attention on one person.

Out of interest, do you do this kind of training regularly in class or is it a one off for your test?

Can't add anything else...keep moving and stay more 'circular' if that makes any sense...let us know how it goes!

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

speed, mobility, sweeps, takedowns, throws, using your opponents to block the way of the others, fakes, make your opponents think you are going to strike a specific person and then attack an unexpected person while the original is preparing for your attack the others are surprised, never stop moving.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

yes stay circular makes sense lol :P and this is a 1 shot thing, never faught 3 on 1 before...

thnx for all the tips so far guys i understand almost all the ideas thrown at me so far, so i will try and get some of my friends to attack me and see if i can put ure tips to use....

i will for sure let you know how it works out in the end

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

If you're drilling for COMBAT:

The real problem with numerous opponents is that they all attack at once, utilizing that 'pack' mentality. While you're tied up with one of them, the other 2 are just as readily finding openings and exploiting the situation. With such a pounding occuring at all angles, there really isn't a whole lot to do but hit really, really hard, and keep yourself on your feet at all costs. You WILL leave bleeding or broken, if not defeated, so the mentality has to switch from fighting to 'staying alive'.

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard is to take a single techinque and make it YOURS. Drill it over and over and over and over until it's absolute second nature. Generate as much power as physically possible with this technique and drill it on pads, bags, moving objects and people (with protective gear of course) at full power, NEVER pulling it. Make this your default technique, your most powerful option and prioritize it above all others. When the heat is on, you plant that technique (in my case a right hook) straight into the highest priority targets (jaw, nose, neck, throat, and floating ribs ONLY if the face is unavailable) with the same power and speed you drilled it at.

Of course, it's great to have a 'toolbox', but the thing about fighting mulitiple opponents is you don't have the time to simultaniously adapt to 3 different attackers; you want to end it as quickly and as decisively as possible with NO room for hesitation. Put them all down as quick as possible and learn to love adrenaline.

If you're drilling for other reasons: see all posts above :D

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard is to take a single techinque and make it YOURS. Drill it over and over and over and over until it's absolute second nature. Generate as much power as physically possible with this technique and drill it on pads, bags, moving objects and people (with protective gear of course) at full power, NEVER pulling it. Make this your default technique, your most powerful option and prioritize it above all others. When the heat is on, you plant that technique (in my case a right hook) straight into the highest priority targets (jaw, nose, neck, throat, and floating ribs ONLY if the face is unavailable) with the same power and speed you drilled it at.

Of course, it's great to have a 'toolbox', but the thing about fighting mulitiple opponents is you don't have the time to simultaniously adapt to 3 different attackers; you want to end it as quickly and as decisively as possible with NO room for hesitation. Put them all down as quick as possible and learn to love adrenaline.

This is very solid advice, not only for this topic but for self defence in general.