• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Music to Kata to....

It took me forever to learn one of my required forms to music. I have no rhythm for music and had no rhythm for forms, thus I thought it was just impossible to do a form to music. However, through practice and listening to the piece a million times, I finally matched up the movements with my music. (Your ear will eventually catch on!)Doing musical forms have definitely taught me to have rhythm in my forms and has given me intensity in my forms----that is if the music is appropriate for the form. Forms are not supposed to be carried out with a constant rhythm. There are some fast parts, and some slow parts. Thus, I find that a form created with music guided me to develop rhythm in my forms.

[ This Message was edited by: koreantiger81 on 2002-05-28 02:24 ]

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We often use dance music with a strong steady beat in class for patterns, it helps to keep people going at a reasonable speed rather than 'racing' ahead and taking shortcuts, damaging their technique.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

For our demos we use stuff from the Matrix and Mortal Kombat soundtracks. Some dance songs too. I use hard rock to practice and play around with.

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".