• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pocket stick

SC_CKD

Hello, The six inch stick is a very powerful weapon. You will need a good teacher to learn all it's uses'

We practice with them and it can be carry in your pocket. Legal too! It is when you use it than it can be a problem with the courts.

Never limit you learning.........Aloha

PS: You hear people say we never train with that..because our teacher said it is not practical....BUT someone out there may use it against you!

• 8 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My fiance and I have kubatons. I love it- I just pull it out (key chain, so totally acceptable) if I get a funny feeling or anything. One seminar helped me learn how to take what I know and apply it for use with the kubaton- not bad!

You do have to take it off all the time, though, to go into hospitals, on planes, etc., but I'm pretty sure they aren't illegal anywhere.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

You do have to take it off all the time, though, to go into hospitals, on planes, etc., but I'm pretty sure they aren't illegal anywhere.

They're illegal in the UK, along with anything kubotan shaped like a pen if they can prove that you are carrying it with the intent to injure someone. I get round it by carrying my garden shed key on my keyring. Its one of those old fashioned things, the ones made out of iron that are long with bits poking off the end (?) Also doubles up as a lump of metal to fit inside my fist.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Oops, I mean I don't think they're illegal anywhere in the States.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• 2 months later...

i think it has some applications, but i wouldnt buy one only because you have a makeshift pocket stick already on you...your cell phone. i was at a multi-style seminar that did a million at once, i did one on kicking but next to me, was self defense with a cell phone and it taught you how you can hold it, how you can hit with it, etc. it was great because 90 percent of society has one, now you just have to remember that you can use it as such!

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about the legality of carrying them in public, but I've heard of them being confiscated by airport security. I think I even remember hearing about someone not being allowed to take one into a concert.

I carried one back in the day, but I didn't really know how to use it. I have an instruction book somewhere by Kubota Sensei, that contained a bunch of Kubotan locks and strikes.

I know people who give seminars, but I never asked anyone how much training it takes to use them effectively.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

Maybe you have seen what is called Chizikunbo,they are used in pairs.Short(four to six inch)sticks with strings for the middle finger to go through.Oyata's group teaches the Chizikunbo kata and techniques.I learned it from Kimo Wall sensei,he is not in the Oyata group but was taught the form by Oyata years ago in Okinawa by Oyata himself.

Anything you carry with you to use as a weapon can get you in trouble,even your cell phone.If you get in a situation that you need an equalizer do not hesitate to use whatever you can get your hands on.Phisical defence first legal defence second.Why train in a martial art if you are just going to get beaten for fear of legal action against you?Possible jail or hospital for sure,your choice.

Tom Hodges

migi kamae,migi bo kihon ichi