• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Geneologies

bushido_man96

Is anyone currently tracing/recording their geneology? My wife is very interested in it, and her grandmother has already done quite a bit of work on it, and has been a wealth of information on it. She is such an intelligent lady, and she is fun to sit and talk with.

Years ago my dad tried to do a geneology of the Walker side of the family, but got to stump, and hasn't been able to find much since. I am going to give it a go. The only grandparent I have left is my grandmother on my mother's side, so I will be calling and talking with her shortly.

I hope to be able to trace something back to our European origins eventually. I think it would be great. My wife's grandmother has traced hers back at least as far as to the family that homesteaded the land that their farm is now on. It's so cool to learn all that stuff.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've tried in the past to do a geneology, but my family is rather scattered, and many of my older relatives (grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc) have passed on. I have been able to go back to the early 1800's, but no further.

Good luck in your search!

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

My grandmother and grandfather are/were into it and have done some work. I got into it a little bit when I was younger, but haven't really paid any attention to it in a long time.

I'm kind of interested in it myself, but it is very challenging to research all the information.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I tried once or twice for my dad's side. But I know nothing of his father, and I can't find much info. Plus my dad passed on a couple of years ago, so there went the little info he had.

My sister traced the family back on my mom's side. Plus my grandmom has a wealth of info for her side. It's great to sit and listen to her talk about the family (old and young, past and present).

Laurie F

I have traced my family history back a few times and have gotten back quite a ways in certain branches, almost nowhere on others. It can be interesting, fun, tedious, & frustrating all at the same time. Good luck in your search.

Thanks, all. I am going to be starting to talk with my family for our side, and the book we got has some web sites that we can go to when we have exhausted our current resources.