• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Defending younger siblings

No one mentioned it so far but the biggest factor that got a reaction from the two lads is that is that it was someone clearly more senior told them to back off. The fashion in which it was carried out doesn't carry half as much clout as the fact that it was a MAN that warned them. If you had done the same, it wouldn't have the same effect, even if you were twice the size of them.

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think that what you did was good considering that you were at work

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

My parents complain I don't back up my siblings enough. I only let people get away with it if they're my friends and I know they're joking. Or sometimes I know it's going to be a total landslide and he can handle it himself. Anything otherwise, they'll end up like the last guy who thought it would be appropriate to pick on my little brother. It doesn't even matter if I can't take them by myself. My brother(s) will join in if they have to. So far; one person has been able to take on one "M" brother by himself. Nobody has been able to take two.

I should add that I'm a big fan of letting two kids who have issues with each other take care of it themselves.

I really can't stand the attitude and mentality of "my big brother will get you" that seems so common these days. If I had a little brother, the furthest I'd go would be to make sure that it was fair and that it doesn't go too far.

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much

• 6 months later...

I agree with marie curie (and mantis.style) having never really been in this situation myself because brothers, while younger than me, have always been able to defend themselves (Many times when I've been in the vicinity of one of their fights it's been over before I've arrived). So yeah, shouldn't beat yourself up over it!

The first person to call me mate gets a punch in the throat...

• 1 month later...

In any situation that involves me defending my younger siblings i would of course. But the same 3 rules of martial arts apply. First i would talk it out then retreat my self and sibling , and if this carnt be done or first and second rule doesn't work then i would defend with force.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.