• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts Memorabilia, Artifacts, etc.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We have various weapons, belt racks for both my honey and me (he has one. I have two for TSD and TKD), and various MA books, which some don't belong to us. Heidi was nice enough to loan them to us and they are really good reads. I also have everything from my TSD dojang (my first art). My first uniform, first broken board, certs, belts, student manual and even the schedule for classes, which to this day, remain the same. Those are the most special to me (all my "firsts" and they mean a lot).

Laurie F

I've got a notebook with my colored belt certificates from the ATA, TTA, and ICHF. My mom has my first black belt certificate framed back at her home, and I am kind of proud of that.

It's cool to flip back through those certificates, and look at the dates and all that stuff. I think about all the people that were with me when I did those testings, and now, I am the only one left....

I have a large collection of MA books (some signed), as well as all my belts and certificates from various testings, plus plenty of photographs of competitions, courses, training sessions and other dojo events.

I also have trophies and medals, most of which were won by me, but some of which belonged to my Karate instructor (who competed all over the world). As well as those I have a large selection of MA weapons, some of which I train with and some of which are decorative.

My collection is pretty meaningless to anyone else (I don't own Steven Seagal's first blackbelt, or nunchaku used by Bruce Lee :roll: ) but all the things in it are special and personal to me and they all have a story behind them.

I also have a little soft toy karateka on an elastic string that when you bounce it up and down it shouts "haii-ya!" :lol: My god-daughter bought me that one Christmas. :D :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

While travelling Japan I made my way to Kumamoto to pay homage to Miyamoto Musashi - I visited his grave and Reigan-Do, the cave in which he secluded himself to write the book of 5 rings.

But I remember tying to find his Museum - it was filled with artifacts, his Bokken, Swords etc.. but the guide book I was reading was out of date and it had been shut down for a couple of years - I wandered around this small new developed area seeking help from the nicest old folk who went right out of their way to help me, even with a MASSIVE language barrier.

In the end they took me to Zanzenishi, his medatation stone way up in the hills.

Sorry, long story short..

I bought a few paintings and books from the Cave in the mountains - thats about all I have,

^^^Wow, that sounds kind of cool! That would be a cool place to see. That would be kind of like walking on the floors of the Roman Colloseum.