• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First Job?

Patrick

I had a paper route when I was like 12 or something for pocket change. But my first real job was at KFC when I was 17 or 18. I wasn't vegetarian then, but I did get food poisoning from the very KFC that I worked for twice (the first time I was working there. The second time, I was just a customer years later). I haven't eatin at any KFC since.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I started mowing lawns in the summer that I turned 14, I think. Then, I worked at McDonalds.

I have a rather interesting experience to share.

When I was 17, my family moved to Atlanta. I got a job at the local McDonalds, and the first night I was working, my car wouldn't start, so the assistant manager offered to give me a lift home. We had a pleasant conversation, and he told me about his girlfriend, his family in Illinois, and where to go for fun in Atlanta. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The following night he showed up at a manager's meeting with a bandage on his hand, seeming out of sorts. The day after that he didn't show up for his regular shift, and we discovered later that day that he was being eagerly sought by the police for a brutal murder that had occurred the previous evening at his apartment complex.

To make a long story short, he eventually was caught and convicted for the murder of his secret boyfriend (and disposing of the body in a very Dahmer-esque fashion) and he remained on death row for nearly 21 years until he was executed in Georgia in 2005.

I left McDonalds after only a month. I was a bit freaked out, understandably.

With respect,

Sohan

Wow, most interesting indeed.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I started mowing lawns in the summer that I turned 14, I think. Then, I worked at McDonalds.

I have a rather interesting experience to share.

When I was 17, my family moved to Atlanta. I got a job at the local McDonalds, and the first night I was working, my car wouldn't start, so the assistant manager offered to give me a lift home. We had a pleasant conversation, and he told me about his girlfriend, his family in Illinois, and where to go for fun in Atlanta. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The following night he showed up at a manager's meeting with a bandage on his hand, seeming out of sorts. The day after that he didn't show up for his regular shift, and we discovered later that day that he was being eagerly sought by the police for a brutal murder that had occurred the previous evening at his apartment complex.

To make a long story short, he eventually was caught and convicted for the murder of his secret boyfriend (and disposing of the body in a very Dahmer-esque fashion) and he remained on death row for nearly 21 years until he was executed in Georgia in 2005.

I left McDonalds after only a month. I was a bit freaked out, understandably.

With respect,

Sohan

Wow, man, that is spooky. I guess you just never know...